Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In Reward Program" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-reward-program%22-t37981.html)

buddy'smom 03-25-2010 03:23 PM

I'm doing ok for now, I went to the foot Dr and now he tells me I have tendonitess, (spelled wrong for sure) how did it go from a fracture to this?? He was in the room all of two minutes and said keep up what your doing and I'll see ya in four weeks, I don't think so.

Leota 03-25-2010 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
I'm doing ok for now, I went to the foot Dr and now he tells me I have tendonitess, (spelled wrong for sure) how did it go from a fracture to this?? He was in the room all of two minutes and said keep up what your doing and I'll see ya in four weeks, I don't think so.

Ok??? did he take x-rays for the "fracture"? I would call him back into the room and demand why the change in diagnosis. Can you get a 2nd opinion? I would. Too often, doctors think that we don't need to know details of why they change their diagnosis or worse yet... they don't look at the records and forget which patient they are talking about...
I hope your foot gets better.

buddy'smom 03-25-2010 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Leota

Ok??? did he take x-rays for the "fracture"? I would call him back into the room and demand why the change in diagnosis. Can you get a 2nd opinion? I would. Too often, doctors think that we don't need to know details of why they change their diagnosis or worse yet... they don't look at the records and forget which patient they are talking about...

Yes they took x-rays and my foot was in a soft cast for 4 weeks, + he had treated it for two weeks before the cast with pain patches. He told me it was worse than a brake? I just don't understand Dr's today.

BrendaB 03-25-2010 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts
So I got sick with an infection and I felt crappy so I ate. and ate. and ate. So now I weigh 3 lbs more than before. I have my fat quarter ready and I'll be on top of it next month! Watch put you big loser, cause I'm gonna win the fq's in April!!

That's the attitude!! You go girl!

BrendaB 03-25-2010 08:35 PM

A while back, I said if I weighed during the month, it would not be good for me. I was right. I weighed about the 15th of the month and was the same weight even though I had made a lot of changes. Guess what that did? I have my fq's ready. Just need addresses. I'm happy for anyone who has done well, but I'm going to have to start fresh in April. I feel like I let everyone down. :-(

BrendaB 03-25-2010 08:38 PM

Yes they took x-rays and my foot was in a soft cast for 4 weeks, + he had treated it for two weeks before the cast with pain patches. He told me it was worse than a brake? I just don't understand Dr's today.

You definitely need to find a new doctor. I would suggest an orthopedic physician; maybe check out sports injury physicians too.

Leota 03-26-2010 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaB
A while back, I said if I weighed during the month, it would not be good for me. I was right. I weighed about the 15th of the month and was the same weight even though I had made a lot of changes. Guess what that did? I have my fq's ready. Just need addresses. I'm happy for anyone who has done well, but I'm going to have to start fresh in April. I feel like I let everyone down. :-(

Brenda...You have not let everyone down... Girl you made changes.... it takes 21 days to break a habit....If you're not able to exercise everyday because of "whatever" but you are making an effort ... you're doing something... don't be so hard on yourself.
BTW...how many fqs do I need to make? I know I'm not the winner... :D

BrendaB 03-26-2010 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaB

Brenda...You have not let everyone down... Girl you made changes.... it takes 21 days to break a habit....If you're not able to exercise everyday because of "whatever" but you are making an effort ... you're doing something... don't be so hard on yourself.
BTW...how many fqs do I need to make? I know I'm not the winner... :D

Thank you, Leota. :-) I don't know how many fqs we will need, but I bought 8 and if I need more, I have some really nice fabric I would be willing to share. :-)

yourstrulyquilts 03-26-2010 09:34 PM

I think we only need one fq for the top loser.

BrendaB 03-26-2010 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts
I think we only need one fq for the top loser.

You are correct. If there is a tie, we will need one for each of the winners, right? I'm just making sure I'm prepared in case there is a really big tie, like 5-6 with the same weight loss. lol