Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   1960s Marriage Guidance! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/1960s-marriage-guidance-t28545.html)

JJs 11-15-2009 08:36 AM

there are STILL women living like that... just look to the east and the women that are not allowed out in public - and if in public made to wear a tent....
they have been raised their entire lives to believe that is NORMAL... that's the really sad part

MadQuilter 11-15-2009 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
So funny, but sad to think that some poor women probably lived like that

...and then there were SUFFRAGETTES!

kwhite 11-15-2009 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Originally Posted by k3n
Mad, this may be too much info but I don't mind the odd slap now and then - as long as I've begged for it! :lol:

Sadly, I understand. :twisted:

:shock: :oops:

This is part of the reason I learned to shoot. I did not say obey in my wedding vows, but half of it was in Greek so I may have agreed to anything. LOL

Charlee 11-15-2009 01:19 PM

I am ROTFLMAO!

Our boss recently told me, "There's no question in anyone's mind who drives the bus in your family...you might let William shift the gears on occasion, but you are the one that is ALWAYS at the steering wheel!" :lol:

That's not completely true...I let him steer occaionally...I keep control of the footpedals tho!! :wink:

The part that made me laugh the hardest was rewarding him with a "little moan"...*snort*

Eddie 11-15-2009 01:32 PM

Oh my, oh my, oh my! :shock: :oops: :shock:

Debating whether to show that book excerpt to Melissa or not.... :?:

When we were talking with her pastor prior to him marrying us ( in 1988 ), he did tell us that the vows he uses in ceremonies includes the "obey" phrase, and that he wanted to let us know that in case either of us had a problem with it. Not that he would change it, just to let us know that it was the one he used. So she did say "obey", but she has yet to do it!

Lostn51 11-15-2009 01:44 PM

Boy those were the good ol days............... :mrgreen:

Billy

Knot Sew 11-15-2009 04:20 PM

I got married in the 60s'...that was 18 something

amma 11-15-2009 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy

***frantically searching for Billy's address and getting the "possee" together**** :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eddie 11-15-2009 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by amma

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy

***frantically searching for Billy's address and getting the "possee" together**** :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rut row! You're on your own now, Billy! :D

Lostn51 11-15-2009 05:27 PM

I dont think so I hiding at your house Eddie!!

I was wondering when someone would notice what I said..........

Billy