Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   72 year old with a doll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/72-year-old-doll-t206952.html)

Quiltaddiction 11-25-2012 10:30 PM

Such a lovely doll I haven't seen these for years. I remember having a happy/sad one when I was little. Such a generous gift too.

wanda lou 11-25-2012 11:22 PM

she is so cute.

Anael 11-26-2012 04:50 AM

Lovely doll Vickey!
What kind of lace do you need? Does it have to be cotton? If not I do have white lace I can send to you.

CarolinePaj 11-26-2012 05:06 AM

Hi Vickey,

What a lovely thing you do. I know that the children that receive your lovely dolls will love and cherish them and that the dolls will bring much comfort at a time it is desperately needed.

Hugs

Caroline

lovingmama 11-26-2012 06:17 AM

I have watched your posts a couple of times and I'm always amazed how beautiful your dolls are.

Sometimes it seems it's so little we can do for others, but it's a big difference for them. Your loving hands bring warmth into a childs or adults heart.

In time of desperation you bring a shimmer of hope. You show that you care, that brings new strength.

Thank you so much for all the good things you do, I know your dolls are greatly appreciated.

May God bless you and your loved ones in many different ways,

Jingle 11-26-2012 06:54 AM

Your dolls are all very pretty, as usual. I'm sure they are well loved by all who get them. Such a wonderful thing you are doing.

Country1 11-26-2012 09:10 AM

Gorgeous! What a wonder use of your gift of talent given to these children. It must be a great feeling knowing you have made a child smile! God bless you and all you do!...

hopetoquilt 11-26-2012 05:58 PM

Thank god for people like you. I still hold onto the handmade items my son received in the NICU. Ladies knitted hats to fit micro preemies like my son. With all the wires and tubes, it was all he could "wear" for a long while.

wordpaintervs 11-26-2012 08:46 PM

Thanks to each and every one of you who took time to write me and talk to me about the dolls and the children. It does keep me encouraged and I really apprecite all you said. Tonight I finished a dress in something I call 'Lame' material (don't really know what it is...but I liked it.) It is thin and very sparkly looking. I thought it looked almost like a fairy princess would wear or Cinderella to a 'ball' .... so I turned it into something special for the upcoming Christmas season. It is silver colored. I put 3 bands of blue ribbon around the bottom, then tiny little roses were sewn in place (about twenty I think) with a thin light green ribbon to look sort of like a 'leaf'. I sewed a blue ribbon across the top of the bodice and trimmed the mop cap with green ribbon. Around the waist is a blue and white and green ribbon combination. Tomorrow when I get back from my Endoscopy and settled in, I will make the nightgown for the second part of the doll, the finish the stuffing, sew the mop caps on and make the two faces. This will be doll number 132. I'll try to get a picture sent out of it for those that want to look.

Vickey

Scakes 11-27-2012 04:40 AM

Another beautiful doll! And you look great too. I'm sure there is a little girl somewhere who will love your Christmas doll.