Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Alabama destruction (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/alabama-destruction-t119591.html)

Aggierebel76 04-30-2011 06:50 AM

HAVE FAMILY ALL OVER ALABAMA,MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL OF YOU!

twinkie 04-30-2011 06:55 AM

Hope all of your family made it safe. Will be praying

Originally Posted by Aggierebel76
HAVE FAMILY ALL OVER ALABAMA,MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL OF YOU!

Aggierebel76 04-30-2011 07:14 AM

AS FAR AS WE KNOW THEYRE OK HAVE ALOT OF DAMAGE aroung pell city,wattsville and cullman.Hope you stay safe too.

Katts 14 04-30-2011 08:13 AM

My prayers are with everybody .

sueinbarre 04-30-2011 08:58 AM

I grew up in Tennessee and was always told that tornadoes only hit trailer parks and other low, flat areas. Looking at the TV, it seems that piece of folk wisdom was wrong. I will be praying for the families and friends of those whose lives were lost and for all whose homes, places of employment, etc. were damaged or destroyed. I still have friends and family in the affected area.

sueinbarre

Lorae Radunz 04-30-2011 09:00 AM

My heart goes out to all of you affected by this! I will keep you in my prayers. What is happening in the world? We had a earthquake tremor in Minnesota yesterday. This usually doesn't happen here.... Is the world coming to an end? It makes you stop and think.

Beffy_Boo 04-30-2011 09:37 AM

Our thoughts and prayers to all having to deal with this horrible event. Wish I could wrap all the survivors in a huge quilt of love.

Linn 04-30-2011 09:51 AM

I have been praying for all the people who got hit by this storm. Sounds like Mississippi got hit bad also and the gov of Ms says they are expecting to get really bad floods in the next couple weeks which may be the worst floods they have ever had with some places being hit where floods have never been. It seems like its just one thing after another.

twinkie 04-30-2011 02:09 PM

I have experienced something that will help to explain the magnitude of these storms. My DH and I came home this afternoon from visiting my former house. A very old oak tree about 125 years old and the trunk being 3 foot in diameter was in the front yard of my former home. I loved this tree and spent many hours sitting under it out in the yard. The tree was brought down during the storm and fell on the house. When I saw it, I cried.
As we drove into the yard of our current home, my DH said, "There is something in the front yard. Why do people have to throw out their trash in other people's yards?" He got out of the car and went and picked it up. It was a cancelled check from Tuscaloosa Iron and Metals Co., Inc., Tuscaloosa, Al. This company is over 100 miles away. The check was written in 1996 and made it's way all the way to our house. I understand they are finding things as far away as Tennessee (another 60 miles away). Right now, the death toll for Alabama alone is 249 as of 12:35 today. These people really need our prayers.

oma66 04-30-2011 02:15 PM

Am praying, without ceasing, for all the families that have suffered such devestating loss during the storms/tornados.