Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   For all of you who think I am too Compulsive and organized (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/all-you-who-think-i-am-too-compulsive-organized-t150713.html)

RobertaMarie 09-06-2011 01:02 PM

John, may you stay healthy and strong and live a long, long life so you and your wife can enjoy all the wonderful things you have made. You are a real sweetheart to help her by keeping the copper shiny! Wow, what a guy. My guy is neat, and I love him to pieces, however, we are getting past the stage of building and keeping a shine on everything. (we have help sometimes) Thank you for showing us your treasures and know you are very much admired. ;) Roberta

twixbar 09-06-2011 01:02 PM

WOW awesome. :thumbup:

Fixedgearhead 09-06-2011 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sew and Sew
Well I love the cook stove. We looked at so many for our log cabin.What company makes it, did you have to order on line for it. We did purcase and old wood cook stove that is the standard black and white, but have not hooked it up. And of course I would love to learn how to cook on it......

it is made by ,Heartland, a Canadian company. They make wood burning models and the one I have used a lot of the casting that those use. I bought it at Lehmans in Kidron Ohio. If I was to think about buying a Woodburner right now, I would seriously look at the Waterford, made in Ireland. Not quite as fancy as this one but it is an air tight model so it is very efficient and does't get the room as hot. It also is not as costly as some of the fancy ones like this companies models. But if you were just going to have it for show and only occasionally use it, then these are lovely and work very well. I have been trying to convince my wife that we should build another house the has all wood burning things in it, but she is not convinced. She said that she doesn't think an aging 70 year old man should be chopping wood for feeding a voracious wood stove. I was mightily offended at the definition of "aging 70 year old man". Hrumpf. said I. and shuffled off to my easy chair. and there is stands. or sits, in my case.
John

CalleQuilter 09-06-2011 01:10 PM

Wow! I was impressed by your wood work. Now even more so. Beautiful.

teacherbailey 09-06-2011 01:25 PM

I love the color of the stove! Is that a jade or a deep turquoise? Either way....a luscious color!

sweet 09-06-2011 01:29 PM

OMG OMG OMG Oh My......

Ileen 09-06-2011 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy
Beautiful stove and pots. And just what exactly is wrong with being organized (laughter). Thank you for sharing.

bearlea 09-06-2011 03:38 PM

love it...blessings

Mornigstar 09-06-2011 03:59 PM

My son owns stove like this but an antique one from Ireland made in 18??.
I like organized.

Fixedgearhead 09-06-2011 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by teacherbailey
I love the color of the stove! Is that a jade or a deep turquoise? Either way....a luscious color!

I think they called it Forrest Green. But names can be anything, it is the hue that counts.
John