Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   For all of you who think I am too Compulsive and organized (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/all-you-who-think-i-am-too-compulsive-organized-t150713.html)

PolkaBabe 09-06-2011 08:45 AM

John, that is one beauty. My words OOOOOOOOOOHhhhhhh MMMMMMYYYY - oh my - oh my. Thank you again for sharing.
Oh My WOW!

Normacharlie 09-06-2011 09:05 AM

Beautiful! I remember similar ones without all the brass!

munchkinmama 09-06-2011 09:06 AM

You are a man of so many talents. Your wife is so lucky. God bless you both. Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful things.

grocifer 09-06-2011 09:08 AM

John -- we have a collection of antique copper pots and I can't remember what I used when I was housecleaning last spring. I must have put something on them that has completely ruined the luster -- they are as dull as anything. I have tried several products from the supermarket but they don't help at all. Luckily I only did two before I realized there was a problem.
Do you think Lehman's would have something that would help or would the copper glo do anything. What can you recommend. I enjoyed all your pictures.

JanetM 09-06-2011 09:18 AM

You and I would get along great. Love your stove and copper pots. There is nothing wrong with being organized...embrace it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fixedgearhead 09-06-2011 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by grocifer
John -- we have a collection of antique copper pots and I can't remember what I used when I was housecleaning last spring. I must have put something on them that has completely ruined the luster -- they are as dull as anything. I have tried several products from the supermarket but they don't help at all. Luckily I only did two before I realized there was a problem.
Do you think Lehman's would have something that would help or would the copper glo do anything. What can you recommend. I enjoyed all your pictures.

Sometimes people coat the outside of their display with a lacquer spray. That stops the air from oxidizing the copper and tarnishing it. But you couldn't cook with a pot that has been lacquered. it is just for things that you have on display. I use Copper Glow. It is a powder and comes in a can like Ajax. It is also biodegradable so you are not killing the environment every time you clean them. If you are doing any cooking around the copper the moisture in the air will cause them to tarnish, no matter what you use. Just clean them before they start to tarnish badly and they are easier to keep bright, but they will eventualy get streaks of tarnish on all of the copper cooking pots that I have.
John

grocifer 09-06-2011 09:25 AM

Thanks John -- I'll try the Copper glo. We don't use them for cooking and they do hang not far from the stove so maybe it was moisture and not moi that made them so dull.

Quilterfay 09-06-2011 09:54 AM

Love it

Quiltylady 09-06-2011 10:24 AM

OMG!!!!! That is absolutely wonderful.

Roberta 09-06-2011 10:35 AM

She is a real beauty. I had a tan one like that as a wood/cook stove and used to put the bread in the top sections to rise and it would be up in less then an hour. I loved that stove.