Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   For all of you who think I am too Compulsive and organized (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/all-you-who-think-i-am-too-compulsive-organized-t150713.html)

Bren 09-06-2011 04:42 AM

Oh my! When do you sleep lol?!!!

FranC 09-06-2011 04:59 AM

Wow!!

crazy cat lady 09-06-2011 05:03 AM

So cooool!

Fixedgearhead 09-06-2011 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by quiltbuddy
I still like your other stove just as well.

I assume you are referring to the one in the photo of the rocking Shaker crib. That one is an old O'keef and Merrit double oven w/glass door windows and center grill. We had that stove in San Francisco in the first house we owned. A lovely pre earthquake 1903 Workingman's Victorian that I completely rehabbed, and we lived in for 13 years. That was a great stove, but we sold it to a couple of friends and bought a Wolf Commercial 48". I think the one we sold was actually a better stove for domestic use, but the Wolf was a powerful stove and we were doing a lot of entertaining at the time, so it got the job done. This one is really nice but the oven is not as large as other stoves. But for 2 people it is fine and very accurate as to temperature control. Which is what a stove is really all about.
John

threadsdmr 09-06-2011 05:20 AM

WOW!!!!!!!!

piepatch 09-06-2011 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Fixedgearhead

Originally Posted by quiltbuddy
I still like your other stove just as well.

I assume you are referring to the one in the photo of the rocking Shaker crib. That one is an old O'keef and Merrit double oven w/glass door windows and center grill. We had that stove in San Francisco in the first house we owned. A lovely pre earthquake 1903 Workingman's Victorian that I completely rehabbed, and we lived in for 13 years. That was a great stove, but we sold it to a couple of friends and bought a Wolf Commercial 48". I think the one we sold was actually a better stove for domestic use, but the Wolf was a powerful stove and we were doing a lot of entertaining at the time, so it got the job done. This one is really nice but the oven is not as large as other stoves. But for 2 people it is fine and very accurate as to temperature control. Which is what a stove is really all about.
John

I once had an O'keefe and Merrit stove that I think was identical to the one in your picture. I wish I had kept it, but we sold the house and let the stove go with it. I have not had a cookstove since that could match that one.

sarahconner 09-06-2011 05:42 AM

so neat

Wanabee Quiltin 09-06-2011 06:10 AM

I like the term 'some maintenance required'. I always get a good laugh because I think 'some' is a relative term ! It is very attractive stove and I love the copper pots, they are very nice to use. Mine clean up rather well too.

PensyDutch 09-06-2011 06:34 AM

What do you use to keep all this copper cleaned?

Nikki and Co. 09-06-2011 06:48 AM

Totally Awesome!!!!