Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Amongst the hobblers here (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/amongst-hobblers-here-t66301.html)

wichypoo 09-24-2010 11:31 AM

I too feel your pain. I do hope it isn't broken. Ice and elevation is best. The fact that is swollen very large is causing the pain (at least some of it). The ortho will know what to do. Good luck at the Dr. If you can't stand an ice pack try a cold wash cloth. In the hospital we would fill a glove with Ice and lay it on the affected area. get well.
I am a Clutz with a capital C. sad but I was born that way.
take care.
Karen

Judith 09-24-2010 03:00 PM

Please stay off your foot as much as you possibly can. I had an incident similar to yours several years ago and did not do as told by my doctor. Years later, my foot still swells when I am tired and that ankle is still weaker than the other one. Read some good books, do some hand sewing, but most of all rest that foot. Hopw it improves quickly.

klgreene 09-24-2010 04:23 PM

I worked for an Orth...keep ice on it, keep elevated, and since it is swollen so much even if it were broken, it couldn't be casted yet. Hopefully it isn't broken, and as soon as the swelling goes down. The bruises will show and it will still hurt for a little while. And sometimes that hurts worse than a break. Just read all these posts and take care of yourself. Read Ditters jokes, that should help!

Annz 09-24-2010 05:17 PM

Oh I can feel your pain. God hubby to stay with you.

franie 09-24-2010 05:24 PM

OHHHHHHHHH I am so sorry. I fell in a hole my hubby left after removing a rock and broke my ankle 7 weeks ago. It is not fun and my hubby does not think ahead either. I am just now getting around but a lot of it is because I sprained my left ankle too. And my foot still swells if that makes you feel any better. I have plate and pins/screws. Hope you don't need any as it means surgery. Ouch ouch ouch! Plaese keep us posted even if the posts are not coherent. Let us know what ortho says.

franie 09-24-2010 05:31 PM

Sure wish I had that walker with the seat on it. I have calluses on my hands from the reg. walker. I also had the cold water thingy that has a thermostat on it wrapped on my ankle for a week. I hated it but they say it is the best. And dependency--I hated every minute of it--and hubby too. Now all he has to do is cook dinner so I am glad for that but it was weeks of a big boot that I could not take off and on myself and I could not have weight on my right foot for a month. Just stating here what you might be in for. I will be watching for your updates. Did they not x-ray it in emergency care?

bearisgray 09-24-2010 05:35 PM

Have you found out the extent of the damage yet?

I hope that you recover quickly.

The bathroom is SOOOOO far away when it's hard to get around.

Gramof6 09-24-2010 06:57 PM

Thank You so much for the sweet replies. I did see the Ortho. Dr this morning and one of the bones on top of my foot is broken. I am in a boot up to my knee and will have to see him again in a month for more Xrays. If I cannot turn my foot at all to the left, I'll have to have an MRI at that point to look at tendon & ligament damage. I am doing okay & minding the Dr's orders & DH is taking good care of me. I will get a lot of reading & handwork done. So I just may be on the computer more than normal. LOL I appreciate all of your posts & replies. Take extremely good care of your feet!!!

Sheila Elaine 09-24-2010 07:22 PM

Grammy, take care & rest with it up most of the time. There are times in our lives that we end up flat of our backs & there is only one direction to look - UP! I feel that's God's chance to do some talking to us & telling us to slow our lives down. Most accidents happen when we're in a hurry or a weird situation like your dog caused. Drink some green tea w/Honey & feel better.

Gramof6 09-24-2010 07:29 PM

Sheila Elaine I do agree with you on that one Sista! I get so busy at times, I do not take the time to focus on what is really important. So this will certainly give me plenty of time for smelling the roses. I appreciate your reply. Hope you have a wonmderful weekend. {{{{{HUGE HUGS}}}}}