Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Amongst the hobblers here (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/amongst-hobblers-here-t66301.html)

bearisgray 09-25-2010 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
Grammy, take care & rest with it up most of the time. There are times in our lives that we end up flat of our backs & there is only one direction to look - UP! I feel that's God's chance to do some talking to us & telling us to slow our lives down. Most accidents happen when we're in a hurry or a weird situation like your dog caused. Drink some green tea w/Honey & feel better.

What a positive way to look at some unforeseen event!

franie 09-25-2010 09:50 AM

And it will. It did me. Time to slow down and think about things. Take care of yourself and stay off your foot. If you stay off it the bone will knit back together. If you stress it it might not or get worse. It will get old laying around and propping your foot but it will be over with soon. You will gow to hate that boot (but it is your buddy right now). sending you big hugs! ((((Gramof6))))

Originally Posted by Gramof6
Sheila Elaine I do agree with you on that one Sista! I get so busy at times, I do not take the time to focus on what is really important. So this will certainly give me plenty of time for smelling the roses. I appreciate your reply. Hope you have a wonmderful weekend. {{{{{HUGE HUGS}}}}}

Gramof6 09-25-2010 11:38 AM

Frannie I know it will get real old and probably soon, but right now I feel much better in that boot contraption. :D At lease it is less painful and I don't have to worry about bumping it. :wink: Bless your heart, you are more than likely sick of wearing it. How much longer do you have? My DH will be leaving out on a job this week so I am going to be alone. I think I can handle it. :wink: I have a DD that lives less than a mile that can come help if I need something. Have you tried to sew with the boot on? I just wondered if that was even a possability. :D Maybe in a week or so I will give it a try. Long as one doesn't have it down for too long. Also, how do you manage the shower? These sponge baths are for the birds. Not hoomans. :D You take care Girlfriend. At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. :roll: {{{{{HUGE HUGS}}}}}

Dee 09-25-2010 12:32 PM

Hope you feel better soon, after your mishap. Been there done that. Keep cool compresses on it.

carrieg 09-25-2010 01:10 PM

Sorry for your pain! If you want to sew at your machine, try putting the foot pedal on your table and use your hand to run it. Or try your other foot to drive! It might be awkward, but you may find you can adapt.

Hubby had to use a walker last year when he broke his leg. He had me get him some fingerless leather gloves. They saved him from getting a lot of blisters on his hands.

amma 09-25-2010 08:12 PM

I hope that this month flies by for you, and that there is no other damage besides the broken bone (((HUGS)))

Can you try your left foot on the pedal, with your right one elevated?
Maybe DH or DD can help you get set up :D:D:D

Gramof6 09-25-2010 08:19 PM

Thank You for the kind replies, tips & advice. I am going to try to use my left foot on the machine pedal & see if that will work. If not, I have a lot of handwork I need to do, but have been putting it off. Know how that goes? LOL I am just a very impatient person and this may help me learn more patience. LOL It could have been so much worse. I expected to pull a flat pancake out from under that bench top. I am very lucky. This too will pass. Until then I am going to make good use of my down time. Lord knows with the holidays around the corner, I will be off & running like a wild rabid badger when I get the all clear. LOL

bearisgray 09-26-2010 12:45 AM

When you do figure out how to use your other foot for the pedal - and I am sure you will - remember to keep the sewing periods comparatively short so you can elevate the injured foot again.

zz-pd 09-26-2010 06:59 PM

I am so sorry you were injured, I hope you get better soon. God bless.

jljack 09-26-2010 07:13 PM

Hope your foot mends really fast...I broke my foot years ago just stepping down off the side of the porch...I was in a cast and on crutches for 5 weeks. YUCK!!