Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Another toilet thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/another-toilet-thread-t287572.html)

Chasing Hawk 04-17-2017 08:11 AM

Thank you for all the replies. Like I said, we have a year or so to decide.

Whitney60 04-18-2017 03:19 AM

We have a "higher" Mansfield toilet with a "Church seat" (not sure why they are different brands).
Best purchase ever made. Helps those knees. Good luck.

Grammahunt 04-18-2017 08:55 AM

We installed the higher toilets in our renovation inside the house. The shop bath, which is accessible for those outside since we live on a lake, is a standard height. All our older friends like the taller seats.

BettyGee 04-18-2017 09:05 AM

I'd skip the bidet, but definitely go for the higher toilet as it is better for your body.

Chasing Hawk 04-18-2017 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Whitney60 (Post 7806472)
We have a "higher" Mansfield toilet with a "Church seat" (not sure why they are different brands).
Best purchase ever made. Helps those knees. Good luck.

I think we will look into that brand. My knees could use some help......:)

Chasing Hawk 04-18-2017 09:56 AM

After discussing this thread with hubby last night. We decided against a Bidet and look for a "nicer throne" than the least expensive one already in the master bath. We are doing a cedar lined closet on two walls and sealing them really well (I am allergic to cedar). And as for the counter tops we want to replace those and keep the cabinets since the are really nice looking.

In the master bedroom, hubby wants to have our son re-tape some spots where the drywall people did a poor job, we can see the seams and along the edge of the ceiling where it meets the wall nail "shiners" can be seen. "Shiners" are where the nail shows through where two pieces of material (wood mainly). My husband was a Contractor before he retired and notices things like this. Kinda like me an upholstered furniture, I can spot flaws in the work.

Oh, and carpeting with memory foam padding......its heaven to walk on.

miriam 04-18-2017 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee (Post 7805873)
I want an urinal. My DH forgets to put the seat down to often anymore, and in the middle of the night I'm surprised the neighbors haven't heard me scream. LOL I saw on one of the HGTV shows a bathroom with an urinal.

years ago our neighbor installed his own version of a urinal in the living room near the easy chair for the old man across the street. It was VERY inexpensive.... He drilled a hole in the floor and ran a hose to the basement drain. On the top end he had a big funnel stuck in said hose held up by hose clamps duct tape and a cup hook.

Stitchnripper 04-18-2017 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 7806792)
years ago our neighbor installed his own version of a urinal in the living room near the easy chair for the old man across the street. It was VERY inexpensive.... He drilled a hole in the floor and ran a hose to the basement drain. On the top end he had a big funnel stuck in said hose held up by hose clamps duct tape and a cup hook.

That is hilarious. I hope the fellow using it had good aim!!

miriam 04-18-2017 04:11 PM

You know it is just as likely that old *guy* just kept the hose and funnel in his easy chair and never got up all day... Well maybe to the refrigerator...

cfuzzy 04-18-2017 04:31 PM

I've used bidets in Europe and used a Toto seat bidet at a restaurant. Maybe you could find a restaurant near you so you could try it. I was really impressed by how well it worked and how comfortable it was. When I update my bathroom, I'm going to put in one of those. Really helpful for many obvious reasons.