Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Any Signs of Spring around you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/any-signs-spring-around-you-t180535.html)

Jingle 02-24-2012 06:26 PM

About 30 miles south of St.Louis, my hybrid (big) daffodils are up and last Saturday I could see some buds up also, I will check them tomorrow in the daylight. Birds have been singing as if it were Spring most of this month. Winter temps kind of come and go. A neighbor has a small bunch of early daffodils blooming.
I am not ready for the heat and humidity to return this soon. Last two Junes we have had very hot temps.

Sandra in Minnesota 02-24-2012 06:31 PM

We haven't had much of a winter yet either!

sewellie 02-24-2012 06:47 PM

Here's what happens in Idaho this time of year. We have no signs of anything sprouting. Now for what happens. We had 70 degree weather and now we have a very severe wind advisory. This happened about a month ago and our neighbors had a huge blue spruce tree fall over on their pickup. The wind twisted around for about a 4 block area. We lost 40 feet of redwood fence and the soffet (sp?) off our house. The neighbors in the next block had a tree uproot and fell on their house. Did quite some damage. Lots of shingles laying all over the place. Then we got ice and snow. Tonight they're predicting the same thing. Have lived in Idaho 65+ years and never had anything like this happen. It's very still outside right now. I think they call that the lull before the storm. Will report later what happens. Wish I could post pictures on here, but I'm too stupid to figure it out.

sewmuch 02-24-2012 06:47 PM

We are having an early spring, been 78 last 2 days.......daffodils in full bloom, trees flowering and robins
are here, my orchids have blooms also....everything is to early...

Marilynsue 02-24-2012 08:22 PM

All I see when I look out my window is the 6" of new snow we got last night and today. Not a lot of hope for an early Spring!

janedee 02-24-2012 09:24 PM

here in the south east of the uk we are having some unprecedented warm weather for this time of year - 17c yesterday!! I have daffodils in flower and tulips coming up also my frogs are singing very loudly trouble is we could still get some very cold, and even snow - definitely not normal

katigirl 02-25-2012 12:57 AM

Not yet. Getting one of a few snow storms this weekend. Can't complain though it's been great this winter. Very mild.

plainpat 02-25-2012 04:10 AM

Here in Ohio we have purple hyacinthus starting to bloom & have noticed lilac & trees in bud. The geese arrived almost 2 wks ago,to spend their summer on near by pond.

We had wind & dropping temps yest,but back to high 40s tomor & around 60* this wk. This winter is topsy turvy,but sure can't complain.

BabyCakes 02-25-2012 04:55 AM

We had spring all winter in south eastern Wisconsin until yesterday.8in of snow.

gaby4v 02-25-2012 05:01 AM

No sign of Spring here!!! It is snowing since 9 a.m. and still coming down at 10 p.m. Guess I will have to do some shoveling tomorrow. I love Winter, but we have cold temps and snow since end of November, so I am sooooo ready for Spring.