Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Any Signs of Spring around you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/any-signs-spring-around-you-t180535.html)

Mad Mimm 02-25-2012 04:30 PM

I live in Vancouver, Washington, and yes, there are signs of spring everywhere. The flowering apple tree in my back yard is covered with buds, as are all my lilacs and hydrangeas. I have tulips and daylilies poking up leaves, the birds are more active, the crocus are beginning to flower, and my rosemary bush in the backyard is turning bright blue with flowers. Spring is everywhere here - it is as if Mother Earth has taken a deep, fresh breath in and is waiting to exhale!!! Yummy!

snownannie 02-25-2012 04:41 PM

Here in New Mexico trees are getting ready to bloom and I had a big fat Robin in my back yard a week ago. I am ready!!!!

idoqlts 02-26-2012 04:55 AM

Yesterday we got 6" of snow here in the mountains of New Hampshire. The skiers are happy! It's 15 degrees and
VERY windy this morning.

KITCHEN WITCH 02-26-2012 06:00 AM

I'm in central Maine near Mt Katahdin and we had 12inches of snow yesterday. We are snowmobiling country and it is great for those who like it. I'm ready for spring

lillybeck 02-26-2012 06:20 AM

Yes, I have dogwood trees and azaleas in bloom all over the yard and the neighborhood.

%Elizabeth% 02-26-2012 06:42 AM

Middle of the Mitten.....The cranes are back and woke me up to their singing Friday morning 24 February 2012; and this morning when I took the dog out, the a male cardinal was in the top of a tree singing his spring song. All so nice to hear.

Gabrielle's Mimi 02-26-2012 06:56 AM

Well, here in sunny AZ it has been 80 several times in the past week. We hit 81 on New Year's Day. It is beautiful this time of year; not too hot, pleasant to go out walking. All that said, as a native NewEnglander (Boston area) I so miss the thrill of those first spring days with the smell of clean air, the slight bit of warmth with a promise of more, the buds peeking up and the fun of raking the wet leaves off to find my sweet spring bulbs from past years all blooming. But the one single thing I miss the most is the first few days when we would open all the windows, and the first nights when we could sleep with the windows open and we'd wake to the sound of birds chirping. Oh, I just loved that! Enjoy spring wherever you are!

SunlitenSmiles 02-26-2012 07:20 AM

Daffidols in full bloom here

Pieces2 02-26-2012 08:02 AM

My crocus are blooming. The daffodil foliage is up about 4 inches.

sewbizgirl 02-26-2012 08:44 AM

Here in Mississippi my redbud trees are bursting with color, as are my forsythia bushes... And the vinca on the ground is covered with purple flowers. It got up to a record 84 degrees the other day. We have had a warm winter!