Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone watch Westminster dog show? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-watch-westminster-dog-show-t261423.html)

janjj 02-19-2015 08:35 AM

We used to raise Siberian Huskies. Did some showing ourselves and had a friend who showed some for us. I agree with Dodee Poliltical . but then what isn't these days? It was a fun hobby but expensive. I still love the breed as they are sooooo loving but have a mind of their own. We loved to watch the obedience classes when at a show. It is very difficult to train a Siberian in obedience. This is due to the fact that they have a mind of their own and this is due to the fact that they are a 'working dog'. If they sense trouble ahead 'when pulling' they will go their own way.

margee 02-19-2015 09:35 AM

watched most of it and I too think that one judge was esp. biased when picking the winners. All four had long hair to the floor. I was rooting for the short haired chihuaua in this group. Had way more personality than the others. I was happy with BOS picks, the beagle and sky terrier.
margee

jbj137 02-19-2015 12:23 PM

*** Saw part of it.
*** Did not see the Beagle, but glad she won.
*** Beagles are my favorite.
*** Always had them growing up. Dad was a rabbit hunter.

bee3 02-19-2015 12:43 PM

Just saw the beagle in a commercial, shes precious. I think her name is miss P

wendiq 02-19-2015 03:44 PM

I never seem to pick the winner either, but I do love to watch all the gorgeous breeds....I wouldn't want most of them, but love some a lot.....I'm a little dog lover so love seeing the miniature breeds.....they never seem to win, but I still love 'em....

Irishrose2 02-19-2015 04:27 PM

I would be embarrassed if my Siberian pulled like some of the show dogs. She may not able to be a show dog as she some Shiba Inu blood, but she is better behaved in public. I love watching the dog shows, but feel the breeds need some new blood. The health problems magnify with inbreeding. Love the Beagle's personality.

MarleneC 02-19-2015 08:04 PM

Watched it--was disappointed that Swagger didn't win. Didn't think the beagle was all that special. I think the judges have their favorites and are swayed by that.

glorcour 02-20-2015 05:20 AM

always cheer for the bearded collie, our family's choice

Geri B 02-20-2015 06:25 AM

My daughter has 2 Weimaraners....that breed never comes close, as so many others don't either......it seems this year there were a few named breeds that I had not heard of before...but I'm not a pro on breeds...have always had heinz57's. Now this may sound mean....but some of the female handlers outfits were very distracting.......

Carol34446 02-20-2015 05:02 PM

We have Rat Terriers, it was there second year there and Goldens who never win but are a great breed. One is a pup 9 weeks old we just got and he is a cutie pie. Have to empty my camera tomorrow so I can get some pictures of him.