Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Black Friday" shopping (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/black-friday-shopping-t272694.html)

Leslie333 11-27-2015 09:29 AM

I used to go, but not anymore. Did my Black Friday shopping this morning while drinking my coffee and in my PJs. Finished almost all my Christmas shopping! Just a couple of things I want to pick up in stores, but not today.

IBQUILTIN 11-27-2015 11:57 AM

I am not a fan of shopping at any time, but Black Friday? No way, no way, no way. I like to do mine online.

Mariposa 11-27-2015 01:12 PM

I used to go out, but now I'm enjoying starting the Bonnie Hunter mystery, also spending time with family~~

Fizzle 11-27-2015 03:24 PM

Went out this morning. :)
i enjoy it because it is an outing with my daughter. Have gone for years with her and a good friend. Lots of shoppers. Never experienced any mean, aggressive behavior like you hear about. But it has changed. Stores open on Thanksgiving. Not for me. And no deal is worth it to me to go before 5 AM. Not sure what I will do next year. Will wait and see what moves me.....

Melrose R 11-27-2015 04:09 PM

I don't do the Black Friday shopping outside the comfort of my home. Did some online however! I did run to the hardware store to get a bolt. That doesn't count tho!

retiredteacher09 11-27-2015 07:31 PM

I went to a chain store around 8:30 last night to see if they had an item that my son and future DIL wanted for their Godson. No lines and I was also able to pick up an item that I ordered online a day earlier. Today I went around 2:30 p.m. and no lines. I like that kind of shopping. I did some online shopping also.

Like Jeanne S, I am trying to get rid of stuff. I did order Accuquilt dies so I can cut more of my scraps. :)

I also bought 60 colorful 2 foot square cushioned mats to use in my sewing area after I tear out the yucky carpet. Here's a chuckle: At checkout, my person was a teenager and he said I would guess you are using these for a daycare. I smiled and told him they were going into my sewing area. His reply was precious: My grandmother has those in hers too. It's easier to see pins when they fall. Lol!

Connie

BETTY62 11-27-2015 07:53 PM

I do my best to avoid all stores from 6 PM on Thursday until 8 AM on Monday, however, in my younger days I was out there shopping till I dropped. LOL

peggy119 11-27-2015 08:48 PM

For the past 10 years or so, we have gone to Shipshewanna, IN. Even though they are having their big horse auction, it is still a peaceful day. My husband is so patient as I shop for fabric!! My Christmas shopping is done on line when ever possible.

shasta5718 11-28-2015 08:57 AM

Only went to Jo Anns, never again. Took 2 hours to get fabric cut.

Karen Mc 11-28-2015 06:21 PM

I did it once some time ago and that was enough.