Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Boston Terrier owners (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/boston-terrier-owners-t90733.html)

Roxanne 01-16-2011 06:44 AM

All my furry friends have gone over rainbow bridge now---Penny, my beautiful red Irish setter Sarah and Katie, the smartest yellow and black labs , Lucy my african gray parrot and lastly Jabba, my heartstrings pug. I have one bird left--a white and pink bare eyed cockatoo named peaches.

I have a niece, boston! Molly loves to sit in my lap and whisper to me. Her mother thinks its a hoot because she doesn't do this for anyone else. I told her I rub bacon on my ear before I come to her house.

Roxanne

CarrieAnne 01-16-2011 06:51 AM

I love just about any type of dog!
We have a yellow lab, Charlie, a golden retriever named Misty, and a Old English Bulldog named Noel.

gloria g. 01-16-2011 07:00 AM

Oh we have six rescue dogs, and 5 adopted kitties. Our son in Florida has an adorable Boston - Heidi. They visited at Christmas and she is a little doll. One day I hope to have a little girl Boston!!!!! gloria g.

J Carol 01-16-2011 07:02 AM

Try 2 Jack Russell Terrers! What energy - they just never grow up as far as energy goes. But they are our kids in fur coats and we love them.

teacherbailey 01-16-2011 07:05 AM

An Australian Shepherd mix named Winston, a Beagle named Carly, a German Shepherd mix named Piper, a teenage pit bull (maybe mix?) named Belle, and a pit bull puppy (maybe mix?) named Marco. You can see Belle by going to www.ourpack.org and looking at the 2011 calendar; she is on January's page!

bodie358 01-16-2011 07:15 AM

I have always wanted a Jack Russell. I will get one when I retire because they need to be constantly monitored - LOL.

bodie358 01-16-2011 07:15 AM

I love all dogs and I am enjoying all the pics and posts.

doglover 01-16-2011 07:27 AM

My first dog was a 3 lb chi who only lived 4 years. she was always sick. Then I got into volunteer and had many rescue dogs in my home then retired. I was looking for a yorkie (a dog I have wanted since I was a child) and ended up finding a boston terrier pup who was (in my opinion) being abused, so I took her. She is the smartest dog I have ever had. She has to be within 12 inches of me at all times and when I talk, she tilts her head like she knows what I am talking about. Guess I won't get that yorkie in this life now.

Originally Posted by bodie358
Maybe it's because one owns me but I seem to see more Boston Terrier dogs as avatars than any other breed here on the board. What kind of dog owns you?

mountain deb 01-16-2011 07:46 AM

Two BTs, two chows (outdoors), and one tomcat (outdoors).

Bernie942 01-16-2011 08:08 AM

Bowser, my avatar, half lab half beagle, owns me. Very easy going even tempered baby. All he really insists on is his morning backscratch and massage.