Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Brand new "You know you're a redneck when..." -- These are so bad (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/brand-new-%22you-know-youre-redneck-when-%22-these-so-bad-t19108.html)

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-17-2009 01:16 PM

(JUST KIDDING)! So sad because it's so true!

mary quite contrary 04-17-2009 02:28 PM

I think the term redneck comes from red bandannas worn around their necks.

I'm afraid I fit some of them too.

Debra Mc 04-17-2009 02:41 PM

It doesn't matter where you go, your gonna find a redneck. They are everywhere. Far north, deep south, east & west. Some are more colorful than others.

littlehud 04-17-2009 06:13 PM

Tee Hee. Love those jokes.

cutebuns 11-17-2009 11:41 PM

Hey, these are about me and my family and friends! :mrgreen:

trupeach 11-18-2009 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
LOL! Yes they are bad! (Why are they named Rednecks? Anyone know?)

During the mid 1900's with so many men out of work it was an honor to be called a redneck. If you were a redneck it meant you had a job. Rednecks were hard working men from the rural south and appalachia who were what today would be called a blue collar worker. They wore red bandanas around their neck to catch their sweat as they worked. It might have been a perticular job they did but I can't recall. This ties into rednecks, just for some other unless info NASCAR came to be from moonshiners./moonrunners It started in Georgia the moonrunners would race each others. They would put big souped up engines in their car and do different maneuvers so that they would learn to out run the law. The reason they were called moonshiner/moonrunners was because they made the shine and delivered it by the light of the moon. NASCAR legend Jr Johnson was also a moonshinner. and this is your history lesson for the day!!!!!

k3n 11-18-2009 02:45 AM

Thanks Peach that is really interesting. :D

I was watching a TV programme the other day where Jamie Oliver (English chef) is doing a gastronomic tour of America. He was in the South doing a BBQ competition - roasting a whole pig overnight over a fire pit! He asked a local 'why redneck' and they gave the sun burned neck from working in the fields version, and also said it was a sign of pride that you worked for your living - I guess it's indicative of our changing attitudes towards good ol' fashioned hard work that make rednecks the butt of jokes - in Britain, it's an insult to call someone a 'peasant' but here in rural France, 'la vie paysanne' is still a respected way of life. :D

Sorry Joyce - you posted this to make us laugh, NOT inspire a debate!

And it was funny - so thank you for posting and sorry! :lol: :oops:

Rose Hall 11-18-2009 06:07 AM

This is so funny!

BTW, my husband bought a turkey fryer for our Thanksgiving turkey and my brothers' comment was, "You've officially become a redneck now".
I guess rednecks have good taste--fried turkey, yummm...

Rose Hall

sandpat 11-18-2009 06:11 AM

Tooo funny...they happen to hit pretty darn close to home :oops: :oops:

redrummy 11-18-2009 07:21 AM

I come from a line of rednecks, my grandfather and dad had farmers tan, Mom and I were only in shoes if going away. I know some make fun of rednecks, and I admit to laughing and enjoying the jokes, but also admit to being one!!!c a joke I can be a part of with pride, because I do not worry what the elite think of me!!!! :mrgreen: