Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Brand new "You know you're a redneck when..." -- These are so bad (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/brand-new-%22you-know-youre-redneck-when-%22-these-so-bad-t19108.html)

Debra Mc 11-18-2009 07:24 AM

I know a lot of these people. When my oldest son was little he use to watch a show called Punky Brewster. Somebody in that show called everybody "Peasant". When he would get mad at you, he would call you a pleasant.

Debra Mc 11-18-2009 07:25 AM

You go Redrummy. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm a country girl too.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-18-2009 07:27 AM

I could so scare you people with pictures of my family.

trupeach 11-18-2009 07:28 AM

[quote=k3n]Thanks Peach that is really interesting. :D

I was watching a TV programme the other day where Jamie Oliver (English chef) is doing a gastronomic tour of America. He was in the South doing a BBQ competition - roasting a whole pig overnight over a fire pit! He asked a local 'why redneck' and they gave the sun burned neck from working in the fields version, and also said it was a sign of pride that you worked for your living - I guess it's indicative of our changing attitudes towards good ol' fashioned hard work that make rednecks the butt of jokes - in Britain, it's an insult to call someone a 'peasant' but here in rural France, 'la vie paysanne' is still a respected way of life. :D

Sorry Joyce - you posted this to make us laugh, NOT inspire a debate!

I wonder if at one time is was due to the sunburned neck and it turned into a bandana. Now this is something I will research when it comes to history I HAVE to know the correct answer.

trupeach 11-18-2009 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by redrummy
I come from a line of rednecks, my grandfather and dad had farmers tan, Mom and I were only in shoes if going away. I know some make fun of rednecks, and I admit to laughing and enjoying the jokes, but also admit to being one!!!c a joke I can be a part of with pride, because I do not worry what the elite think of me!!!! :mrgreen:

But redneck jokes are know different then Polish or Italian joke for which I am both. I live in an area outside of Cincinnati you go one town east of me and there are nothing but rednecks. If I got stuck on the side of the road they would be the first to come help and I wouldn't be afraid to let them as scarry as some look. On the other hand if I got stuck closer to Cincinnati I would be leary to open my window. Most redneck I have found to be down home, self sufficient God fearing people with hearts as big as all out doors. Redrunny you should be proud of yourself and I for one am glad to know you. :lol: :lol:

trupeach 11-18-2009 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
I could so scare you people with pictures of my family.

post pic please this couild be interesting. LOL

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-18-2009 08:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of my Aunts making apple butter in the yard.

bearisgray 11-18-2009 09:05 AM

you-all know that all those cottage cheese and KoolWhip containers are really redneck Tupperware.

Mousie 11-18-2009 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Yikes. My Texas husband fits 3, 4, 6, and 15.

LOL, Pam,...do you have a hubby in every state? and ex's in Texas :mrgreen: :?:
The Salvation army wouldn't take his furniture? must have coon dogs :lol:

Mousie 11-18-2009 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
It doesn't matter where you go, your gonna find a redneck. They are everywhere. Far north, deep south, east & west. Some are more colorful than others.

and some are only as far away as the mirror! :lol:
I, um...hubby fits a few of these...he seemed so polished when we were dating :shock: