Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Brand new "You know you're a redneck when..." -- These are so bad (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/brand-new-%22you-know-youre-redneck-when-%22-these-so-bad-t19108.html)

Mousie 11-18-2009 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Thanks Peach that is really interesting. :D

I was watching a TV programme the other day where Jamie Oliver (English chef) is doing a gastronomic tour of America. He was in the South doing a BBQ competition - roasting a whole pig overnight over a fire pit! He asked a local 'why redneck' and they gave the sun burned neck from working in the fields version, and also said it was a sign of pride that you worked for your living - I guess it's indicative of our changing attitudes towards good ol' fashioned hard work that make rednecks the butt of jokes - in Britain, it's an insult to call someone a 'peasant' but here in rural France, 'la vie paysanne' is still a respected way of life. :D

Sorry Joyce - you posted this to make us laugh, NOT inspire a debate!

And it was funny - so thank you for posting and sorry! :lol: :oops:

hey, I love a good history lesson with my jokes...pigs on an overnight spit? YUM! keep it coming, lol! how else are we poor redneck quilters gonna get any edjamacashun? :mrgreen:

Mousie 11-18-2009 09:22 AM

ok, between me and hubby: one of us fits #'s 1,4,23, + 30...
and the she-daisy song about all the numbered personalities? hubby says I 'are' #23!
I tell him: and don't YOU forget it! :twisted: :lol:

Debra Mc 11-18-2009 09:59 AM

Those folks look like what I see at Walmart everyday. Yes I do have redneck tupperware. Just hate to throw away a good container. I have a whole set of the bowls that Jack in the Box puts there Chicken Teriakie in.
I put leftovers in them & freeze for hubby a hot lunch when he is home. Save a lot of them to put stinky stuff in like chopped onions for next week & can then throw them away. Guess I'm just frugal. I'm my daddy's child, just a pack rat but anythime I throw something away I need next week. Know what I made out of butter lids-hinges for the ice chest, till the new ones got here from manufacter. Yell I'm a redneck country girl.

Mplsgirl 11-18-2009 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Yikes. My Texas husband fits 3, 4, 6, and 15.

LOL, Pam,...do you have a hubby in every state? and ex's in Texas :mrgreen: :?:
The Salvation army wouldn't take his furniture? must have coon dogs :lol:

LOL!!! Sounded like I have one in every state, didn't it? Just one now for 20 years (the Texas one) however he lives here with me in Illinois. The first 3 died. Poor guy lived down south all his life and had never seen a basement until I dragged him here back to the Midwest. He called it "the hole in the floor" and neither he nor the cat would go down there alone for a long time....

Debra Mc 11-18-2009 10:12 AM

Always heard basements could be scary. You should go down in the storm cellor that isn't concrete. Now that is scary.

bearisgray 11-18-2009 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy

Yikes. My Texas husband fits 3, 4, 6, and 15.

LOL, Pam,...do you have a hubby in every state? and ex's in Texas :mrgreen: :?:
The Salvation army wouldn't take his furniture? must have coon dogs :lol:

LOL!!! Sounded like I have one in every state, didn't it? Just one now for 20 years (the Texas one) however he lives here with me in Illinois. The first 3 died. Poor guy lived down south all his life and had never seen a basement until I dragged him here back to the Midwest. He called it "the hole in the floor" and neither he nor the cat would go down there alone for a long time....

Funny! I noticed that around the area we are in Florida, too. See homes on stilts (or cement blocks) but not many basements. A house without a basement is downright odd in this area. (Minneapolis, MN)

Debra Mc 11-18-2009 10:15 AM

Can't have a basement in Florida. Too close to sea level. Would get flooded.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-18-2009 10:17 AM

LOL about the basement comment. Some of my VA relatives built a house with a basement. The first basement in the family. But get this..... they didn't make a door to it for inside the house!!! You have to go outside and walk down around the corner of the house to get in the basement.

My entire life is a Jeff Foxworthy joke. I have to watch my enunciation when my fancy in-laws are around. They think I talk funny! I can't help it!! I was raised in Illinois by a Virginia hillbilly and a West Viriginia truck driver. That being said, my fancy in-laws once tried to order baked beans in southwest Virginia and couldn't make the waitress understand their funny accent. I laughed until I cried!

Debra Mc 11-18-2009 10:23 AM

DH's aunt by marriage use to work in resturant & she is so country she would ask the customers if they wanted baked tater or french fries. Dh has run on quite a few of these lately. One lady asked him if he wanted the plate lunch-you get hamburger steak, gravy & baked tater or cream taters. He almost spit his tea trying to hold his the laughter. Oh, & thats sweet tea.

trupeach 11-18-2009 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Here are a couple of my Aunts making apple butter in the yard.

I wish I had been warned of this coming since it wasn't a pretty site when I laughed and tea came out of my nose. LMAO