Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Brand new "You know you're a redneck when..." -- These are so bad (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/brand-new-%22you-know-youre-redneck-when-%22-these-so-bad-t19108.html)

Debra Mc 11-19-2009 03:53 PM

Where did I get you. The "They are every where part." My DH's former administrative assistant use to say & I'll type it like she pronouced it- Liberry & Sek a terry. She was a real good ole southern redneck girl & I miss her so very much as she has gone to Hillbilly Heaven in the sky. We were at a seafood resturant in Kemah, TX one time & she was reading the menu & there was an item with maranaria sauce & she asked the waiter, "darling what is this stuff with the manure sauce. He bout near fell out laughing. The rest of the night , everytime he walked by our table he laughed. Just good ole East Texas Rednecks.

MadQuilter 11-19-2009 04:00 PM

I think many of you know that we are renovating our humble abode. aka Villa Graham or the trash heap. :lol: I thought that one of the ceiling lights from a nook in the living room would fit well in the remodeled laundry area. Pat took it down and moved it. Unfortunately all the cr-stuff from the office is currently living in the nook and we can't get to the corner to install the can light. So DH cut a hole in a cool whip container and hung it on the bare bulb. It was still too bright, so he duct taped a rather large junk mail display to the container. No joke. It's been that way for a while.

MCH 11-19-2009 04:02 PM

...there has to be an HGTV show in this, somewhere!

sandpat 11-19-2009 04:08 PM

One night at a local restaurant, a Mother and her grown son at the next table were about to order. There was a buffet available..catfish..all you can eat (of course, we are in the south, and yes..its fried)...anyway, the waitress comes by, "what'll it be huuuunnnnn?.....ya'll know we got catfish on the buffaayyyy tonite..."...They both look at her and say, "No thanks, we don't like seafood"......I almost fell out of my chair laughing and finally had to go outside so I wouldn't offend anyone!...Gotta love 'em!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-19-2009 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Chele
Oh my, I always consider myself a Southern Belle, but I may be a redneck! LOL! And that apple butter picture, I know I have something similar. Might have been squirrel stew or fried okra, but your aunts look like my aunts! We may be sisters! Or cousins! What do your brothers do? LOL!

Chele, I don't have brothers but I do have cousins by the dozens. Most of them fit the bill of this thread quite nicely. Among them there is a Scott County, VA trash cop, a feed store worker, a 33 year old stay home GRANDPA, a guy who runs cock fights and one lawyer. But just to be fitting in the family, the lawyer only does Social Security disability cases. Come to think of it, several draw disability!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 11-19-2009 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter

Originally Posted by Chele
Oh my, I always consider myself a Southern Belle, but I may be a redneck! LOL! And that apple butter picture, I know I have something similar. Might have been squirrel stew or fried okra, but your aunts look like my aunts! We may be sisters! Or cousins! What do your brothers do? LOL!

Chele, I don't have brothers but I do have cousins by the dozens. Most of them fit the bill of this thread quite nicely. Among them there is a Scott County, VA trash cop, a feed store worker, a 33 year old stay home GRANDPA, a guy who runs cock fights and one lawyer. But just to be fitting in the family, the lawyer only does Social Security disability cases. Come to think of it, several draw disability!

he runs cock fights AND lawyers? They run TO lawyers for cock fightings around here. lol!!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 11-19-2009 08:20 PM

OK, I must confess. We were outta town, and went through the drive thru at Wendy's. My husband ordered a sour cream and chive baked tater. So, the poor kid taking the order said, "You want sour cream and chives on your Baconator?" My husband just thought he'd said "baked tater" and agreed...I understood the scenario and was about to die. Hubby didn't know WHAT was wrong with me. I finally had to tell him that he needed to say "potato", or he was going to get a sour cream and chive Baconator! LOL!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 11-19-2009 08:22 PM

Here are a couple of my Aunts making apple butter in the yard.

I see the car is in its respectful place on blocks. I've never seen anyone use propane for applebutter, though. Everyone I've seen do this just builds up a big fire with wood. Thanks for sharing this picture.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 11-19-2009 08:24 PM

Here are a couple of my Aunts making apple butter in the yard.

BTW, is this here in WV?

redrummy 11-19-2009 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach

Originally Posted by redrummy
I come from a line of rednecks, my grandfather and dad had farmers tan, Mom and I were only in shoes if going away. I know some make fun of rednecks, and I admit to laughing and enjoying the jokes, but also admit to being one!!!c a joke I can be a part of with pride, because I do not worry what the elite think of me!!!! :mrgreen:

But redneck jokes are know different then Polish or Italian joke for which I am both. I live in an area outside of Cincinnati you go one town east of me and there are nothing but rednecks. If I got stuck on the side of the road they would be the first to come help and I wouldn't be afraid to let them as scarry as some look. On the other hand if I got stuck closer to Cincinnati I would be leary to open my window. Most redneck I have found to be down home, self sufficient God fearing people with hearts as big as all out doors. Redrunny you should be proud of yourself and I for one am glad to know you. :lol: :lol:

Thank you Trupeach, I am proud to be one, and am willing to laughat us right along with ya, and I agree, I would trust the redneck country folk no matter how scruffy since it is usually working dirty, not scary type.