Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Brand new "You know you're a redneck when..." -- These are so bad (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/brand-new-%22you-know-youre-redneck-when-%22-these-so-bad-t19108.html)

gramqlts 11-19-2009 10:04 PM

I have done 4,9,16, and 22......also know how many red bud trees (dirt and all) fit in back seat of an Impala.....and my best friend and I owned a fireworks stand one summer.....lol

We live in deer country here and they get hit half a dozen times a week or more. I used to be on list to go pick them up when kids were growing up. My teenage daughter and I would hoist it up in a tree. She would gut it and skin it and I would butcher it. She can skin a deer faster than any man I ever knew (smile). My whole family loves fresh deer meet. Been eating on a pot of deer stew for last 2 days now....lol

trupeach 11-19-2009 10:08 PM

Now I have a question for all you so called rednecks. What is the difference between a redneck and a counrty bumpkin????? I think country bumpkin sounds so much cuter don't you????

gramqlts 11-19-2009 10:10 PM

Another cute one.....

"Hello, is this the sheriff's office?"

"Yes, what can we do for you?"

"I'm calling to report about my neighbor Virgil Smithj....He's hiding marijuana inside his firewood. Don't quite know how he gets it inside them logs but he's hiding it there."

"Thank you very much for the call Sir."

The next day the Sheriff and deputies descended on Virgil's property. They searched the shed where the firewood was kept. Using axes they busted open every log and piece of firewood but found no marijuana. They just sneered at Virgil as they left.

Shortly after the phone rings at Virgil's house.

"Hey Virgil, this here's Floyd. Did the Sheriff come see you today?"

"Yeah."

"Did they chop all your wood for you?"

"Yep, they sure did."

"Happy Birthday Virgil"

Rednecks know how to "get-r-done".

gramqlts 11-19-2009 10:13 PM

Peach.....rednecks are farmers who actually have red necks from the sun and farming. They live in country and only go to town occasionally and have country ways but overall aren't all that dumb. Seeing as how I was born and raised in the country I know this first hand.

Country bumpkins are back woods hillbillies that are dumber than a tree. It was fighting words if someone called us "country bumpkins" but we were proud to be called rednecks. LOL

k3n 11-20-2009 12:49 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good fer Virgil! :wink: :D

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-20-2009 04:22 AM

Buttercreme -- The apple butter pic was taken in Southwest Virginia. As for the propane, my Mommy thought that was pretty uppity of them, too!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 11-23-2009 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Buttercreme -- The apple butter pic was taken in Southwest Virginia. As for the propane, my Mommy thought that was pretty uppity of them, too!

"uppity"--LOL! Whatever gets the job done. Well, "Southwest Virginia" and "South West Virginia"...close enough! LOL! ;)

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 11-23-2009 08:43 AM

ROFL, Gramqlts, I like that one!

MNQuilter 11-23-2009 09:23 AM

[quote=sewjoyce] Brand new edition of...
'You know you're a redneck when......
1. You take your dog for a walk and you both use the same tree.

I have to luagh because my DH and I were talking about potty training my 2 yo the other day and the fact that boys pee outside, no matter what you try to do to prevent it. I pulled this one out on him and he busted out laughing.

bearisgray 11-23-2009 09:26 AM

[quote=MNQuilter]

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Brand new edition of...
'You know you're a redneck when......
1. You take your dog for a walk and you both use the same tree.

I have to luagh because my DH and I were talking about potty training my 2 yo the other day and the fact that boys pee outside, no matter what you try to do to prevent it. I pulled this one out on him and he busted out laughing.

One would think it would be easier to "housebreak" boys than girls - after all, they can see what they are doing - - -