Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cat and Quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cat-quilters-t132377.html)

QuiltnNan 06-22-2011 02:41 PM

i think, in general, pets are becoming more popular. some government statistic recently said that there are more homes with pets than with children. of course, allergic pet-lovers like me don't have any.

Jim's Gem 06-22-2011 02:43 PM

Not every quilter is a cat lover. I much prefer dogs, and fish.

dd 06-22-2011 02:45 PM

I certainly hope I never have to be without either a cat or a quilt.

coloradosky 06-22-2011 03:22 PM

My Peanut Butter is like Heid's, loves to eat thread. She grabbed on to the end of a spool of Sulky rayon thread and had a wad in her mouth before I noticed. Have to keep a close eye on her at all times as she will also grab small pieces of material and try to bat them into another part of the house. She is usually banned just outside the door of my sewing room. Love her.

mizunogirl 06-22-2011 03:27 PM

I adore my huge dog. But I would not mind having a cat around also, if space permitted the two to interact....but too small....

Lynneander 06-22-2011 03:36 PM

We just lost our dog a few months ago, but still have her best friends with us (2 cats). I don't usually let the cats in my sewing room unless I am there. A number of years ago we had a cat that ate some thread and ended up having it wound around her internal organs. Unfortunately we didn't catch this problem soon enough and the cat didn't survive. Lesson learned for me.

hobbykat1955 06-22-2011 04:07 PM

My avatar is our Ms. Big...We have our routine...I go sew from 9-noon Mon-Fri..She's not allowed in my sewing rm so at noon she starts if I'm not on time "Meowing" her head off at the bottom of the steps because it's lunch time and we go outside and sit in the sun for the remainder of the day together...CAT PEOPLE...

TonnieLoree 06-22-2011 04:13 PM

My avatar is my BU BU's version of being helpful. My green gardening gloves became my only defense that evening. The only room that has a closing door in my pathetically small apartment is the bathroom. Best time for me to sew at all is during one of her extensive bed protection periods. Her eyes might appear to be closed, but her ears are not. She is a sneaky little poop that I rescued from becoming a ward of the pound or a victim of a coyote.

TonnieLoree 06-22-2011 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Lynneander
We just lost our dog a few months ago, but still have her best friends with us (2 cats). I don't usually let the cats in my sewing room unless I am there. A number of years ago we had a cat that ate some thread and ended up having it wound around her internal organs. Unfortunately we didn't catch this problem soon enough and the cat didn't survive. Lesson learned for me.

Sorry about your loved one.

nativetexan 06-22-2011 05:11 PM

well i have 3 cats. wouldn't mind a dog though.