Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cat and Quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cat-quilters-t132377.html)

DogHouseMom 06-22-2011 05:35 PM

Not a cat person. I don't dislike them (well some - yeah), but I could never live with a cat. I couldn't handle an animal that went wherever it wanted to go (counter tops, on top of PC, etc), had claws to scratch furniture and skin (I think de-clawing is cruel), nor do I want a litter box anywhere in my house. I don't believe in letting animals outside on their own accord either as it's too easy for them to be injured or killed.

I like cats, adore some that belong to friends, but I could never tolerate a cat in my house.

alikat110 06-22-2011 07:05 PM

Love my babies....i have 4 cats, 2 dogs,1 turtle, and 6 hermit crabs

moonwork42029 06-22-2011 07:17 PM

I guess we've always had at least one cat usually 2 though to keep them company while we're gone.

They are so independent and certainly let me know what they think about different matters, especially things they don't approve of.

Since DH is gone so much, they are a great deal of company without being demanding or needing walked. Great feet warmers during the winter too :)

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 06-22-2011 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
I think that generally quilters are great people and great people usually have a cat or dog, or both!

Well I don't have a cat or dog due to allergies but I think I am a great person/quilter!!

hudgoddess 06-22-2011 07:29 PM

I like my cats a lot, but I'm madly in love with my dog!

Jim 06-22-2011 08:15 PM

no cats here but love my dogs...we only have 2 poms now, I had to have 2 put down in the last 2 years..they were both my quilting buddies and stayed right beside me as I quilted, the two that we still have aren't interested at all...lol

Dolphyngyrl 06-22-2011 08:48 PM

my Trouble just loves quilts especially if they aren't hers, she loves sitting on my quilt books, and lap when I am on the board, she is very vocal, a true siamese personality even if she is a mutt

miss_ticky2 06-22-2011 08:49 PM

The 3 kitties of this house let the quilter (me) live here too :)

wolfkitty 06-22-2011 09:09 PM

I prefer dogs, but disabilities allow only for cats-they require less physical work, except for carrying the cat litter. But they don't require walks and can be left alone for longer periods of time. And they require less work when getting a 'sitter' during travel.

Katia 06-22-2011 09:48 PM

I guess it depend on the day, but I am more of a cat person then a dog person. And more so as I get older. Cats just require so much less to maintain.

I have always felt that people who say they don't like cats, have just not met the right cat. My sister in law has always said she hated cats, but when she was here and spent time with mine, she fell in love. And they loved her. She has two little poodles and she decided that my cats were so much easier, plus they did not bark or go nuts if a car went by.

I have severe allergies to cats and dogs and a lot of other things, but ya know what? They have pills for that. If I worried about my allergies I would have to live in a hospital type clean room. I am not willing to do that.

I also lost a cat because of a thread incident. He lived for awhile after his surgery but was never the same. So I am super careful about thread of all kinds. My kitties come and go in the sewing room, and I do have to keep stuff picked up. That is probably a really good thing.