Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cats!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cats-t217526.html)

WMUTeach 03-29-2013 07:44 AM

Cats are cats and each is a character unto themselves and we love them for it.

MargeD 03-29-2013 12:21 PM

What a sweetie, reminds me of one of the first cats we got when the kids were little, but it was a "he" and they named him "Chewbacca", after Star Wars of course, the torti cat was named Princess Leia. They were great cats.

LenaBeena 03-29-2013 01:05 PM

We had a cat many years ago who would lick my brothers face. We think it was the after-shave. Also our cats prefer rough materials for their beds so i use old towels, wool in winter and textured throws. If I change to smooth they avoid.

irishrose 03-29-2013 03:53 PM

The housekeeper runs the vacuum - why would she be Tink's best friend if she touches that noisy thing? Cats are so clean that she may just want a fresh towel.

My Border Collie/Lab loves to nest in any of my clothes she can find off a hangar. I think she is so happy to have a home that she likes the smell of the one who rescued her.

madamepurl 03-29-2013 06:39 PM

I had a blind 20+ year old cat. We washed his bed b/c it was full of hair and who knows what else. He refused to sit in it for days on end. I thought b/c he went for it when it was in the washer he forgot it wasn't there. He also was getting forgetful. So, I take him over and put him in the bed and he would pop right out. Then after a few days, the smells must've mellowed, he climbed back in. Miss that cat.

Nammie to 7 03-29-2013 08:49 PM

I have 6 - all rescues and all strictly indoor cats. Four of them trust only my husband and me. They all have different personalities - but six is enough!!

germanquilter 03-30-2013 04:19 AM

I have three cats; two from a cat rescue place and one we rescued ourselves of the street as a 5-week old kitten :) They are all affectionate loving animals but our oldest female (7 years old) loves to lay with her head inside people's shoes, especially sneaks and converse! We all know how stinky those can be but that darn cat apparently loves the smell. We find her many times sleeping with her head inside a shoe :D

germanquilter 03-30-2013 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by LenaBeena (Post 5963568)
We had a cat many years ago who would lick my brothers face. We think it was the after-shave. Also our cats prefer rough materials for their beds so i use old towels, wool in winter and textured throws. If I change to smooth they avoid.

I had a female cat once who used to groom my short hair when I was sitting on our couch...only mine not my husband's much shorter hairdo. She would just go to town until my head was a wet mess. She would just purr a mile a minute while doing it, too. When my parents were visiting from Germany, she started on my dad's hair as well! So from then on, it was Dad or me LOL