Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   changing threads on "regular" sewing machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/changing-threads-regular-sewing-machine-t302587.html)

Rhonda K 01-27-2019 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by gramajo (Post 8200951)
You're lucky you have a dishwasher. I ALWAYS have dirty dishes in my sink.

I am happy to have dirty dishes in my sink. It means we had a good meal. I load them and DH puts them away.

Irishrose2 01-27-2019 10:04 PM

I dislike filling bobbins which is, of course, a very easy job, but usually it means I have to rethread the machine and that takes time, especially if if it's a time when I have trouble threading the needle. Housework: I dislike folding clothes.

JustAbitCrazy 01-28-2019 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 8200762)
dusting was my job as a child. it's quite easy but i don't like to do it, so i don't do it often

I feel the same way. Hate to dust.

tranum 01-28-2019 03:48 AM

I hate to vacuum. Glad our house is small so there’s not a lot of it.

quilterpurpledog 01-28-2019 03:49 AM

I also do not like to dust; however, I do it every Monday morning because I schedule it-otherwise it would join the 'things to do tomorrow' list. I cannot tolerate dishes in the sink or on the counter top. After all, it is only eight inches to inside the dishwasher. My favorite home management task is laundry. I like all of the aspects and even like to mend when necessary. I do like to iron.

NZquilter 01-28-2019 04:02 AM

I'm guilty of never folding laundry, it's the chore I always put off until it piles up. I tried last week to fold everything, but received so much "help" from my two year old it was barely worth it!

SusieQOH 01-28-2019 04:06 AM

I hate cleaning the kitchen. My husband is a wonderful cook but uses everything in the kitchen to prepare a meal. Because he cooks I feel better cleaning up, that is, until it's time. That's when I get out my audiobook and clean forever! (it seems) :)

sandy l 01-28-2019 04:16 AM

Is there any way I can get you to come over to my house?:), 'cause it could sure use some of you help:)

coopah 01-28-2019 05:29 AM

I agree with the rotary blade changing. Iceblossom mentioned the "tick" on the rotary blade where one thread doesn't get cut. How does that happen? Ideas? It happens here, too, and since the blade is a circle, how does just one little spot on it not cut when the rest of the blade still works fine? It drives me nuts...I keep thinking the "tick" will go away, but no, it doesn't.:mad:

KalamaQuilts 01-28-2019 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 8201230)
I agree with the rotary blade changing. Iceblossom mentioned the "tick" on the rotary blade where one thread doesn't get cut. How does that happen? Ideas? :

Nicking the edge of the ruler. Cutting over a pin.