Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cleaning agent for pots and pans (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cleaning-agent-pots-pans-t44693.html)

sew_lulu 05-02-2010 01:25 PM

What do you use? I want (need) to keep all my pots and pans clean but it's really difficult. I don't know what I should be using. All of them is getting to a point where I think I should just toss them and get brand new set.

Please tell me what have work for you.

Up North 05-02-2010 01:35 PM

What kind of pans do you have? I use an sos pad if the bottom in getting yucky, Spray with a degreaser and let set for a while first.

ctack2 05-02-2010 01:51 PM

I bought these little things that are about the size of a sponge, but they have stiff netting on them with a metallic thread going through that. They clean the stainless pots and pans and the outside of all my pans really well.
The only thing I DON'T like about them is that metallic thread. I always microwave my sponges (according to CDC advise) but am afraid to put these in the mike.
Carol B

sew_lulu 05-02-2010 01:56 PM

Stainless Steel

Originally Posted by Up North
What kind of pans do you have? I use an sos pad if the bottom in getting yucky, Spray with a degreaser and let set for a while first.

Up North 05-02-2010 02:03 PM

Mine are stainless steel also and after years of use they still look like new and they were a cheap set not expensive. Use a Sos pad on the bottoms or salt and lemon juice with steal wool they will sparkle. I try to keep up with mine when I have a boil over. (doesn't always happen tho.)

quiltsRfun 05-02-2010 02:36 PM

I use Bar Keepers Friend. It takes out the stains without scratching.

Janetlmt 05-02-2010 02:45 PM

I found the most wonderful stuff...it is called Dawn Power Dissolver. I found it at Walmart with the dish liquid. It is a gel in a spray bottle. I have porceline grates on my stove..and the stuff gets hard there..I just take the grates off..put them on newspaper and squirt the get on them. I let them sit for a few hours. Then I scrub them with a nylon scrubber. You can use this stuff on the pots and pans also. The hard baked on grim comes off a lot easier. After I use in on my pans, they have copper on the bottom...I take a half of a lemon and put salt on it to finish them off. You can even spray this stuff on the stove top to clean around the burners. I clean the stove top with barbasol shaving cream..just wipe it on..ket it sit for a few minutes and wipe clean.

BellaBoo 05-02-2010 03:15 PM

I use Comet to deep clean my cookware every so often.

lfw045 05-02-2010 03:17 PM

Baking soda and water.......it not only makes it sparkle it deoderizes it also....

Barbm 05-02-2010 03:25 PM

Baking soda and water, stainless steel cleaner from Princess House (don't know if they still have it) or- spray it with oven cleaner and let it sit.

I have a SS teapot and when I do the countertops of the stive I spray it with oven cleaner and let it sit in the sink. Sparkles.