Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cleaning a Fiberglass tub ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cleaning-fiberglass-tub-t75296.html)

finch 11-10-2010 05:56 AM

If I cleaned mine with coke,I'd be setting in there with a straw.Not the potty,just the tub.

Zephyr 11-10-2010 06:30 AM

My husband and I buy repo houses. This last one had a large, textured bottom tub that was really nasty. I used several dryer sheets and my long handled, new toilet bowl brush to try and save the tub. I wet my dryer sheet, put it over the end of the brush (so I could reach across that big tub) and scrubbed. It was amazing how clean that tub came out so we didn't have the expense of installing a new tub.

hoppyfrog 11-10-2010 09:21 AM

I know you can clean the inside of a dishwasher with TANG orange drink. Might work in the bathroom too.

donnalynett 11-10-2010 11:29 PM

I clean vacant rentals and I use a magic eraser and especially if there are shower doors. Makes the tubs, shower surrounds and doors sparkle.

BRenea 11-11-2010 08:47 AM

There is a product called Gel-Gloss that I use to clean our acrylic tub. It can be found at home improvement stores and is also used to clean marble. It comes in spray or liquid form and works like car wax (put it on, buff it off). It works well but is kind of a pain to use! It does keep our tub clean for a long time though...just watch because it can make surfaces a bit slippery.

Ramona Byrd 11-11-2010 04:06 PM

Many thanks for all these ideas. I have a fake marble sink/counter in my master bath and the bottom of the sink is terrible. Scrubbing does no good for it, seems to have a lot of junk stuck in it all over. I've scraped and put chemicals in it and rubbed and scrubbed with metal pads, still looks terrible like it hadn't been touched since it was installed in the mid 1970s.
I'll try all these, one at a time.

moonangel12 11-11-2010 04:22 PM

Magic erasers work great - I have fibro and a host of back issues so cleaning the tub is at the top of my "dreaded chore" list. I keep the eraser in all the time and each shower use my toes to scrub a section. It never gets really nasty all at once. Obviously there are some areas that need to be cleaned more often than others, but it's a good system for me.

PMY in QCA-IL 11-11-2010 08:17 PM

We keep a scrubby and dishwashing soap in the tub. Once I got the tub clean we wipe down the tub with the scrubby and soap - just takes about an extra minute, but really keeps the tub clean. (I can't use any aerosol sprays in such an enclosed area.)

watterstide 11-12-2010 02:52 AM

Thanks for all the ideas, having Fibro, makes some cleaning so hard..i will give these ideas a try tomorrow, and report back!

mamaw 11-12-2010 04:43 AM

I use Lysol foam cleaner in a can with very good results.