Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cleaning a Fiberglass tub ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cleaning-fiberglass-tub-t75296.html)

sandyo 11-12-2010 04:47 AM

I got the new bathroom magic eraser and it it amazing. You will probaly use the whole thing the first time but it is so worth it and not all the chemical smells. My husband tried the car wax a few years ago and it turned it yellow. So not to that. Looooove the eraser.

quiltmaker 11-12-2010 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Originally Posted by mzsooz

Originally Posted by momymom
I hear Coke will clean toilets, why not tubs? It's supposed to have many uses, why not try. Once it's clean consider using car wax on it to keep it clean.

I'm afraid my family would flip out when they walked in and saw me licking my bathtub!!

I love Coke!! :-D :-D

they should be thankful you're not licking the toilet!!!!!!!!

Ya'll are just terrible!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

LovingIzabella 11-12-2010 05:51 AM

Bar Keeper's Friend works fabulous!! I love some of these other ideas too.
Hugs
April

sandpat 11-12-2010 05:55 AM

I hadn't even thought of the BKF! I need to try a few of these too...I have one of these crappy tubs too...and we have water that seems to stain everything..I hate it!

watterstide 11-20-2010 07:06 PM

update..i cleaned the tub,after i took a bath..so it would be "warmed up"..i used the magic eraser sponge and "krud cutter" spray. it did a pretty good job..not totally cleaned off.. but a great job, anyways.

thanks for the all tips..i sitll may try a few more suggestions down the road.

ptquilts 11-20-2010 07:11 PM

OK, now how do you clean the non-stick decals on the floor of the shower? They are textured, I have tried EVERYthing, bleach, scrubbing with hard brush, can't get the dirt out of the little nooks..

watterstide 11-20-2010 07:17 PM

have you tried pouring boiling water on them first, and then some oxyclean? i would try that.
also, peroxide, the kind in the brown bottle..is really what oxyclean is..

galvestonangel 11-20-2010 08:14 PM

Go to a boat/marine store, they have fiberglass cleaner for boats, you can use it on the tub.. I have one fiberglass tub and I hate it too.

sandpat 11-21-2010 05:06 AM

I've never had those, but I know what you are talking about. Have you tried amonia? I use that to remove floor wax, so it might work.....put the stopper in, pour on top and let it sit and soak??? Worth a try...

Originally Posted by ptquilts
OK, now how do you clean the non-stick decals on the floor of the shower? They are textured, I have tried EVERYthing, bleach, scrubbing with hard brush, can't get the dirt out of the little nooks..

morelcabin 11-21-2010 05:53 AM

I stay away from the chemical cleaners as much as I can...I would never use furniture polish on something I woulod bathe in...yikes! But when we lived in the log cabin I had an old claw footed tub that was so old it would actually leave scratches on the kids bottoms...ugh! And I had terrible hard water as well. I finally figured out that if I cut a lemon in half, loaded it with salt and used it like a scrubber it did a marvelous job. (Scrub it and let it sit for a few minutes) A vinegar rinse really helped keep the hard water/rust from reaccumilating.