Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cooked-on grease on stovetop (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cooked-grease-stovetop-t68053.html)

Miss Patsy Jane 10-03-2010 01:46 PM

It is a gas stovetop with burners. Why I chose black is beyond me, but even though it is several years old, it is too good to replace.

By the way, I'm a native Texan too! I was born at home in a little town called Odell. Know where that is? I don't even know if it is on the map now!

Originally Posted by nativetexan
is this a glass stove top. smooth one? or does it have burners??

nonnie 10-03-2010 01:51 PM

I had good luck with the oven cleaner, followed by the magic eraser. Now I will add in the razor blades. Thanks for the tips.

Miss Patsy Jane 10-03-2010 01:52 PM

Thanks, everyone! I used to work at a store that sold 0000 steel wool, but I just assumed it was to be used by our DHs in their workshops! I'm going to print out all of these suggestions right now!

KathyAire 10-03-2010 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Patsy Jane
By the way, I'm a native Texan too! I was born at home in a little town called Odell. Know where that is? I don't even know if it is on the map now!

My husband was born in Odell..............

Miss Patsy Jane 10-03-2010 02:04 PM

WOW! Small world! We left there when I was 5 years and moved to Paducah.

Originally Posted by KathyAire

My husband was born in Odell..............

grammiepamie 10-04-2010 06:30 AM

I just bought a new stove that has a black top. I bought the the kit at lowe's where I bought the stove. It is called Cerama-Brite. It comes with a sponge you use to apply with. It is made of soft material. I also comes with a single edge razor blade that fits into a handle that you use to get stubborn stuff off with. It is great. If you could see the stove after my huband has cooked and how it looks after I clean it you would be sold. It is just fantastic. You put this on let it dry and then rub it off with a soft cloth. Looks brand new after every cleaning. I have had the stove since Aug of 08.

Miss Patsy Jane 10-04-2010 09:44 AM

Thanks for the info. My husband likes to go to Lowe's so I'll go with him next time! My stovetop is much older than yours and is not a ceramic top, but I don't know why that wouldn't work on my stovetop.

Originally Posted by grammiepamie
I just bought a new stove that has a black top. I bought the the kit at lowe's where I bought the stove. It is called Cerama-Brite. It comes with a sponge you use to apply with. It is made of soft material. I also comes with a single edge razor blade that fits into a handle that you use to get stubborn stuff off with. It is great. If you could see the stove after my huband has cooked and how it looks after I clean it you would be sold. It is just fantastic. You put this on let it dry and then rub it off with a soft cloth. Looks brand new after every cleaning. I have had the stove since Aug of 08.

nativetexan 10-04-2010 10:52 AM

Odell, ha! i'd have to look that one up too. I'm from Houston!

grammiepamie 10-04-2010 11:41 AM

Thanks for the info. My husband likes to go to Lowe's so I'll go with him next time! My stovetop is much older than yours and is not a ceramic top, but I don't know why that wouldn't work on my stovetop.

Mine is glass not ceramic. The product is made for glass and ceramic. They told me not to use anything else or I would have scratches galore.

Miss Patsy Jane 10-04-2010 01:33 PM

OK. Thanks. Mine is enamel or something metal. So I'd probably better not use it.

Mine is glass not ceramic. The product is made for glass and ceramic. They told me not to use anything else or I would have scratches galore.