Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Could YOU live here by yourself? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/could-you-live-here-yourself-t84610.html)

OmaForFour 12-23-2010 06:57 AM

By the looks of your avatar, you couldn't! LOL

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch

Kutnso 12-23-2010 07:28 AM

WOW !!!The downstairs would be OK but not the bedroom. Great for a short vacation home--Quite an ingenuis project. Congrats !!!
Happy Holidays, Kutnso

sandpat 12-23-2010 07:32 AM

Nope...I'd like to say i could, but my "stuff" couldn't even live in that.

Patti Sue 12-23-2010 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
I would love to live in it. Can you imagine how much your utility bills would cost in that smal house. Not to mention your mortgage payemnts would be.

It would be an adventure and force us to GET OUTSIDE! It has wheels, so it is movable - heck, you could live in a parking lot! nawwwwwwwwwwww. Hey, what about living in that house, and getting one of those nice sheds at Lowe;s JUST FOR sewing equipment? That would work!

That's my idea of thinking........you could have the "shed" all to yourself! But it would be a little cramped for me, I have lived in a 18ft. trailer when I was young but couldn't make it up the ladder these days! :>)

sewnsewer2 12-23-2010 07:42 AM

No way! I'm clostifobic, I need room to stretch.

But, on the other hand, you couldn't be a pack rat. :lol: :lol:

stitchinwitch 12-23-2010 09:51 AM

don't you think we have been accustomed to being spoiled. Just think of the homeless, or those in Africa that just live in the brush....now picture YOUR home. At least in that small home, we wouldn't be able to have all the chatskies that we all have now. Wouldn't it be an adventure to drive and park throughout the US, stay a while, and then drive off to the next town or state?? A very nice learning experience - would be able to see how the other half lives.

oldlady 77 12-23-2010 09:59 AM

We did the travel thing in a 36 foot 5th wheel and I loved the travel and meeting new people but I sure missed my stuff and had to buy a sewing machine because I hand quilt but don't hand patch.

quiltmom04 12-23-2010 11:30 AM

NO! I'd be a crazy person!

karenfae 12-23-2010 11:53 AM

we have a little motorhome that we use for travel - our longest trip was 50 days so far - it is small for two of course but we are camping and expect it to be inconvenient at times. I could never live in it full time!! When we do use it though I only bring hand work already pretty much ready to work on. We have about 140 square feet maybe so a little bigger than this guys house. At home though my sewing room is bigger than our motorhome!
It is neat for the environment though and for one person who is not a quilter I can see it working.

jbj137 12-23-2010 01:26 PM

I could.
In fact, I have thought about it.
1 machine is enough & buy fabric
for one quilt at a time.
J J