Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/december-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t235757.html)

irishrose 12-08-2013 08:19 PM

Lauriejo, what a way to wake up!!! I hope it heals quickly.

countrymaid 12-09-2013 09:53 AM

Chilly here in WNY today. We are waiting to see what the snow machine gives us off the lake. I did get some baking done this weekend and hid some of the results from my men. If I don't do that I won't have any left by Christmas. I will have all of Christmas week off so I'm not worried about the decorations. With the farm and all if I'm ready till the 24th, it won't be the first time. Trying hard to watch my carbs and give myself permission for a small taste rather than none at all. Still looking for onderland, but getting closer.

littlebitoheaven 12-09-2013 01:10 PM

Cold here in Grantsburg, Wisconsin. -5 this a.m. Well, I am discouraged. I have gained 2 lbs. this week and I really was watching what I ate. I guess I am not watching close enough :o(. Anyway, I am on the last leg of finishing my GGD quilt. One for border on and then the binding. This quilt was a challenge for me and it wasn't even a difficult pattern. Would like to bake but don't know if I will have the time to do it. Stay warm; stay thin and enjoy the Season.

createfourpaws 12-09-2013 01:21 PM

Good afternoon ladies, I have spent the better part of the last for days staying indoors. Here in the Dallas area, we have not gotten above freezing since Thursday. Had a ice storm, and right now it is only 33 degrees. Here we are not use to this kind of weather. There have been 18 wheelers stuck on the freeways due to the ice on the roads. According to the news, the truckers were frustrated as well because in other parts of the country they don't get stuck like they did here.

It was great seeing that a church north of us (it was the boyfriend's church) the pastor opened the doors for stranded motorist, they served over 100 people, made it on the news. It is great seeing that people out there still care to help those in need.

Once the boyfriend came over some of my anixety went away as I wasn't worrying about him being on the roads. He is such a great man. I know that God sent him to me. We had met online about 5 yrs ago while he was still married, had a connection but I wouldn't date him then being married. Now divorced, God brought him back to me. We have connected in so many ways. He has never let any woman he dated since he seperated meet his children, and I was lucky enough to meet 2 of the 3 over Thanksgiving.

Weight goes up and down. Remember to drink your water, make wise choices, and when you can exercise. I am down 1 lb. The cruise is a big motivation for both of us.

createfourpaws 12-09-2013 01:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I had promised you a picture of the batiks I have so far. Well here it is......it will make us all drool.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]451004[/ATTACH]

and this is the over under quilt I am working on .... batiks with a solid black

[ATTACH=CONFIG]451005[/ATTACH]

too look at it at first it looks complicated but it is very easy. Now to get the rows sewn together.

meanmom 12-09-2013 03:05 PM

Oh Cindy you are killing me! I so NEED those batiks. I guess I had better get my ass in gear if I am going to have any chance of winning them. I have to get back to exercising. I have been eating OK but the scale is barely moving because I haven't been exercising.
The 12 days of snacks at school haven't been too bad so far. People have brought things so far that I can mostly skip. There were Panera bagels today plus some cookies. I had 1/4 of a bagel. By the time I got back in there they were gone:-)
THe quilt guild Christmas party is tomorrow.. I need to put the final border on my mystery quilt and finish the pincushion I am making.
Everyone stay out of the goodies. We can do this. Don't totally deprive yourself. Just a little bit will satisfy you. Remember the first bite is the best. I have been taking a bite of a cookie and throwing the rest away.

irishrose 12-09-2013 03:31 PM

Pretty batiks - I will get mine out very soon. Too tired from shoveling right now. The snow just keeps coming.

My scale isn't telling me what I want it to and I've been doing okay with my food. Body laying on fat preparing for hibernation???

I have a friend who tried to teach me that you only need three bites of anything - the rest just tastes the same. She didn't understand being a compulsive overeater and I didn't understand being able to stop at three bites. She's still my best friend. :D

Cindy, what size are your squares? 6 1/2"? That's what I'm doing with my batiks when I win. I've seen it done with 10", but I like the smaller ones better. I didn't know it had a name. Over/Under is suitable.

Pumpkin soup with turkey tonight. It turned out a little sweeter than I wanted, but it's edible.

createfourpaws 12-09-2013 04:00 PM

The black strips are 1 1/2, and the batik is 4 1/2. did strips piecing then sub cut into 6 1/2 inch. It is a pattern I got from Quilt Country called over and under designed by Paula Hughes. It has gone together pretty quick. For the throw size, that I am making it takes 17 different batiks at 1/4 yard each.

irishrose 12-09-2013 06:23 PM

Thank you. Those are the sizes of the one I liked somewhere here on the QB.

musicaljan 12-10-2013 07:29 AM

Love the quilt, Cindy! I may try that one some day.

Do we know yet what color blocks after this month? I could mail more than the one block.