Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   depression glass (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/depression-glass-t98853.html)

NikkiLu 02-11-2011 05:25 PM

I have a TON of Royal Ruby. I buy it and then display it, then pack it up in boxes to make room for more! Have absolutely no idea what all that I have. Hope it is an investment.

quiltgran2 02-11-2011 06:02 PM

Qbee, I love your pictures. It all looks fabulous in your kitchen. Your cobalt rolling pin is a beauty - I hope it's secure on the wall.
I know what you mean about repros when it comes to DHs. Mine bought a ton of depression glass on ebay, some the real thing and some not so real.... after I had it for awhile I finally, gently broke it to him that I was quite sure a few items were repo's. He didn't say too much! Anyways, I think he learned his lesson and that's the only reason why I told him - fearful he might keep doing the same thing.

I have alot of patterns as I don't collect any one. I have a ton of blue bubble, pink dogwood, and fireking. Have some of iris,florentine,floral and diamond, cameo, windsor and many more. Love it all. I keep some on display and use some of it fairly regularly, but alot is in my cupboards and not used too often. I also love collecting kitchenware from the 30's - 60's.

nativetexan 02-11-2011 06:04 PM

I like the pink or amber. doesn't matter what design.

brushandthimble 02-11-2011 06:06 PM

royal lace in cobalt blue; received my first piece from my grandmother, a 3 footed bowl. Haven't added any pieces in years.

Qbee 02-11-2011 07:14 PM

ohhhh.....I'm jeolous.... :mrgreen:

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
royal lace in cobalt blue; received my first piece from my grandmother, a 3 footed bowl. Haven't added any pieces in years.

Summer Spice 02-11-2011 07:23 PM

I have inherited and collected the cobalt blue and the beautiful pink ( various patterns) for years. I said to my DD remember when I'm gone the pink is yours, the blue your sisters- Her reply "and the flea market is on tues?"

Qbee 02-11-2011 07:31 PM

OMGosh! No way!! Give it to the DD who will appreciate it!

Originally Posted by Summer Spice
I have inherited and collected the cobalt blue and the beautiful pink ( various patterns) for years. I said to my DD remember when I'm gone the pink is yours, the blue your sisters- Her reply "and the flea market is on tues?"

redquilter 02-11-2011 07:36 PM

I collect pink - any pattern and ruby.

QuiltnCowgirl 02-11-2011 07:42 PM

My Aunt gave me my Grandmother's Candlewick dishes. I have plates, cups & saucers, serving bowls & utensils, and can't remember what else. I added some pieces to the set last summer. Like others, I have had to educate myself because I did buy some Candlewick lookalikes (made by Anchor Hocking of all companies)! I am just honored to have these dishes, because I know they meant a lot to Grandma & represent one of the few things she did for herself in those hard times.

amazon 02-11-2011 08:13 PM

I have a Jadite mixing bowl w/handle. We had a county cleanup day and was waiting for DH & a county worker to unload some large pieces from our truck. I was walking around the piles just looking and found a box of dishes. Every plate was broken and most of the cups , it was turned upside down and survived.Since then I have had a thing for Jadite. :-D