Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Dinner's in the crockpot! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dinners-crockpot-t67559.html)

mzsooz 09-30-2010 09:05 AM

I'm so proud that I got around early enough to get the crockpot going. I'm making a meat loaf and I have never made one in a crockpot before. I hope it turns out okay.

Oh, and did I mention I really HATE meatloaf!! It disgusts me. Hopefully somebody else around here will eat it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, I'm free to go sew. I'm sew excited!! :D

shequilts 09-30-2010 09:08 AM

'Same here, but hubby loves it. Yuck!

amma 09-30-2010 09:18 AM

I love meatloaf and leftovers in sandwiches too LOL

grammiepamie 09-30-2010 09:33 AM

Sliced thin. cold, with lots of ketchup!!!!Yum Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 09-30-2010 09:34 AM

I used to hate meatloaf. It always seemed too soft to suit me. Now I cook it and let it cool. Then I slice it and pop the slices under the broiler for a few minutes to reheat it and put some crispy edges on it. I like it much better that way.

ssgramma 09-30-2010 09:41 AM

What time is dinner? I love meatloaf! So much that I make it with 2 big Sam's Club packages (around 12 lbs) at a time. Bake them all, wrap in foil and freeze.

I hate making it so I get the most goody out of the icky hands that I can LOL

I have pizza dough rising and need to make more pesto before the basil is done for the year. So, Pesto Shrimp Pizza and salad here tonight.

Woodster 09-30-2010 09:45 AM

Love meatloaf! Wish I could make it like my Lithuanian grandmother did, though. Haven't had it in 45 years, but can still smell and taste it!

Tonight is leftover roasted chicken mixed and heated through with some Newman's light honey mustard salad dressing, torn pieces of cooked turkey bacon thrown in,
and with some cooked whole wheat linguine mixed in. Salad.
Trying a new invention!

Matilda 09-30-2010 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I love meatloaf and leftovers in sandwiches too LOL

I do too. Boy I am getting hungry now!

grammiepamie 09-30-2010 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by ssgramma
What time is dinner? I love meatloaf! So much that I make it with 2 big Sam's Club packages (around 12 lbs) at a time. Bake them all, wrap in foil and freeze.

I hate making it so I get the most goody out of the icky hands that I can LOL

I have pizza dough rising and need to make more pesto before the basil is done for the year. So, Pesto Shrimp Pizza and salad here tonight.

I am getting in the car as we speak. If I drive real real fast I may get there in time!!!!LOL LOL LOL!!!!! Sounds divine!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

quiltluvr 09-30-2010 09:49 AM

Please let us know how it comes out in the crockpot. I've never made it that way.

I'd never eat it when my Mom made it. She cooked it in a pyrex mixing bowl. I eventually tried to make it after I got married, cooking it the same way. Wasn't working for me so I switched to a pyrex cake pan size. World of difference.

Hubby isn't crazy for meatloaf but I am. I make it with steamed rice, green beans, yams, salad and cornbread. Yum!