Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Dish detergent... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dish-detergent-t290130.html)

Sewnoma 08-03-2017 06:31 AM

Whatever is on sale! The dishwasher does most of the work, and I can't say I've ever noticed an appreciable difference in the detergent I have use for the (rare) hand-washing task. I try to always rinse out my pots and pans while they're still hot so everything comes off easily; and if I need to soak something I usually throw some Simple Green in there and that works great. If something gets REALLY stuck (like burnt-on, or it somehow sat and got crusty) I will toss in a fresh dryer sheet and let it soak with that overnight - usually can just wipe it out the next morning.

mojo11 08-03-2017 07:42 AM

I use Palmolive. I love the lavender scent. Do have a small bottle of Dawn. I use straight hot water and wear rubber gloves. My dishwasher died.

mrs. fitz 08-03-2017 07:50 AM

Blue Dawn, always and as far back as I remember.

selm 08-03-2017 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher (Post 7878500)
For many years I used nothing but Ivory dish soap. Thought I would never change. But.....about 8 months ago I switched o Dawn and I really like how it cleans.

I always have used Ivory too. Last year I took a small bottle of blue dawn on vacation with us. I can't stand the smell of it. Did use it that week of vacation but never again. I'll stick with Ivory thank you.

NikkiLu 08-03-2017 08:30 AM

Dawn here - but you have to make sure that you buy Ultra Dawn and not Dawn Simply - or something like that. It is not concentrated like the Ultra Dawn - thinner and you have to use more.

crafty pat 08-03-2017 11:06 AM

I use Palmolive years ago and my hands broke our in a red rash and swelled up so bad I had to go to the emergency room to get my rings off. I have used Dawn for years now. Love the blue.

JJBlaine 08-03-2017 01:12 PM

Blue Dawn Ultra, diluted in half with water. One squirt is enough to fill my sink with soapy water and wash a day's worth of dishes. I use a bit to scrub stains on clothes with an old toothbrush, and add a spoonful to a spray bottle full of water to kill off aphids in the garden. I also like that it is mild enough to use on the cat or dog on the rare occasions that they need a flea bath.

purplefiend 08-03-2017 01:39 PM

I use Green Works Free & Clear. I've been happy to finally find a dish washing liquid soap that doesn't reek of strong perfume. It doesn't make my hands itch either. :thumbup:

My house has no room for an auto dishwasher machine, so all my dishes and the like are done by hand.
Sharon in Texas

meanmom 08-03-2017 02:27 PM

I use blue Dawn, nothing else. I don't like certain smells and I am irritated by lots of perfumes. I recently had the orange Dawn (they were out of the blue) and I didn't like the smell. It does such a great job. Dawn is also great for getting stains out of your laundry. Nothing gets out a grease or tomato sauce stains like it. It is also a great flea soap to use on your pets.

Endora 08-03-2017 06:36 PM

Well... I guess that answers that. I'm going to pick up some blue Dawn and give it a whirl.

Thanks everybody!