Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Dish detergent... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dish-detergent-t290130.html)

b.zang 08-05-2017 09:39 AM

I can see I need to check out Blue Dawn at the grocery store. We use whatever dish detergent my husband decides smells good. Since he does most of the dish washing, I tolerate him standing in the store opening and sniffing his way through detergents. For a long time we used the Dawn that Costco carries but he's now on to new scents. Love all the ideas for using detergent as stain remover. When I want to do heavy cleaning (like walls), I mix dish detergent with bleach in a bucket of hot water and it works beautifully.

Endora 08-05-2017 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by b.zang (Post 7880230)
I can see I need to check out Blue Dawn at the grocery store. We use whatever dish detergent my husband decides smells good. Since he does most of the dish washing, I tolerate him standing in the store opening and sniffing his way through detergents. For a long time we used the Dawn that Costco carries but he's now on to new scents. Love all the ideas for using detergent as stain remover. When I want to do heavy cleaning (like walls), I mix dish detergent with bleach in a bucket of hot water and it works beautifully.

I've always used hot water and household ammonia in a bucket for wall washing and scrubbing. Eats dirt and stains off paint wonderfully.

Quiltbeagle 08-05-2017 11:04 AM

Blue Dawn is the only dish detergent I use.

cjsews 08-05-2017 02:52 PM

I leave that to my DH. He has become the househusband since he retired.

Blue Bell 08-05-2017 05:29 PM

I have been using the blue Dawn forever. Nothing else can compare.

ShirlR 08-05-2017 08:06 PM

I have used Dawn ever since I saw the commercial showing ducks, etc., being bathed in it to get rid of oil from the oil spills. When dawn ultra with hand renewal by Olay came out, I started using that because my hands will develop cracks in the skin simply because I wash my hands a lot, so the Dawn with Olay is easier on them when washing dishes. I love the way Dawn has always cuts the grease so easily.

Annaquilts 08-11-2017 07:33 AM

Palmolive for years. the Dawn smelled weird and dried my hands. We always hand wash our dishes for 10 people often 3 meals at home daily.

NatalieF 08-12-2017 05:19 AM

I used to use Palmolive, but tried Dawn and stuck with it. I dilute some in a spray bottle and clean my counters and table, stove with it....or anything other surface that needs a cleaning. I put a tiny bit in a bucket for washing floors. I use it to remove stains from clothing, etc...

I've tried some of the different scents and really like the Dawn Platinum for dishes.

I just avoid any of the anti-bacterial ones. Those (in any brand) just promote anti-biotic resistance, so I avoid anti-bacterial anything in products.

Garden Gnome 08-13-2017 08:12 AM

I have never liked the way Dawn smells, but I do use it mixed with vinegar for bathroom cleaning.
For hand washing dishes, I use Ajax Lemon. Works good, smells clean. Not expensive.

Onebyone 08-13-2017 09:13 AM

I don't like the concentrated liquid. I use the same amount of that as the non concentrated in one squirt so I feel it's wasted. I rarely use the dishwashing liquid for dishes. I'm not wasting my time washing dishes as long as I have a dishwasher and I don't pre wash.