Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do some commercials just make you shake your head? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-some-commercials-just-make-you-shake-your-head-t163097.html)

mythreesuns 10-26-2011 07:35 AM

Or all the ads for health issues from taking or using a medical product of some sort. I so hate those kinds also.

ChildoftheUniverse 10-26-2011 07:46 AM

I'm a twin and my favorite question was, "Are you you or the other one?" Huh????

Sheila_H 10-26-2011 07:51 AM

When it comes to the drug commercials - close your eyes so your not looking at the happy people and listen to the 30 seconds of side effects, some are down right scarey. Heart problems, headaches, mood changes, chronic fatigue, may cause cancer and death. Sure I really want to ask my Dr to make me sicker than I am already.

Mimmis57 10-26-2011 07:54 AM

I agree. I think the husband should say "I think you should have married him too!" I wish she would apologize to the poor guy!

Mimmis57 10-26-2011 07:55 AM

I know! Is that really a big problem for people?

galvestonangel 10-26-2011 07:58 AM

I do like the Geico commercial with the Gecko, I did not like the ones with the cave men.

Do any of you remember the Jax beer commercials from the 50's? That may have been a local beer, I lived in Nashville, TN a the time. I thought they were funny.

I think they should ban all femine products, ED products, prescription drug, and lawyer commercials from TV. And other commercials should pass the good taste test, where it does not give children the wrong message.

matraina 10-26-2011 08:00 AM

How about the one where the husband has trouble with his computer and was going out to get an antivirus to run. His wife told him she could help; just go to PCmatic.com (or something like that). It works, he thanks her, and she said she's going out with her girlfriends and needed the car anyway. She grabbed the keys and he screams "HONEY" and looks bewildered. I think that one is stupid.

mommafank 10-26-2011 08:20 AM

First of all, the ad is made to grab the viewer's attn and boy, see how some of the worst have done just that? Everyone sure remembers their least favorite and the product it tries to sell. On the whole, I hate having to watch commercials because there seems to be more of them than the actual program I want to watch. But,some are cute---Like the "My Name is Peggy" and the one with the little guy in the high chair who says "No" when asked, "Do you want more money" and then throws his cheerios.

quiltgal 10-26-2011 08:22 AM

I hate this commercial as well. Woman says that he should have asked her, when he was getting a deal!

mommafank 10-26-2011 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Sheila_H
When it comes to the drug commercials - close your eyes so your not looking at the happy people and listen to the 30 seconds of side effects, some are down right scarey. Heart problems, headaches, mood changes, chronic fatigue, may cause cancer and death. Sure I really want to ask my Dr to make me sicker than I am already.

If I were a doctor, I sure would hate having to deal with all the people who ask to If a drug they saw on TV was right for them. Isn't that what pay our doctor to do---prescribe what is needed?