Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do some commercials just make you shake your head? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-some-commercials-just-make-you-shake-your-head-t163097.html)

bearisgray 10-26-2011 07:07 AM

Another one that irks me is one for one of the fresh chicken meat commercials -

It's either for Gold n Plump or Tyson -

It's for how well the chickens are being treated blah blah blah - and we all know that they are going to end up.

Peckish 10-26-2011 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
I hate the one with all the kids in the car making strange noises one at a time until they all sound dorky, including their actor parents. No idea what the commercial is for, just think it's a waste of their money and my time.

That's funny - the "noises" are actually them copying the beginning of a song called "Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne. They think they're appealing to a certain demographic.

nancy59 10-26-2011 07:12 AM

When I watch the "judge" shows, there is an abundance of "lawyer" ads. They drive me nuts, even their "accident" victims are so healthy they amaze me with their "settlements".

Peckish 10-26-2011 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sierra
Try your public broadcasting station. The ads are minimal

Or Netflix, where you can watch entire seasons without a single ad.

majormom 10-26-2011 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchit123

Originally Posted by hobo2000
Have you noticed that you can't remember what the commercial was selling? The commercial is so good sometimes, you actually love it but what are they selling. How about the men's e....... problem and they are in a balloon and then in separate bathtubs. Have we come down to bathtubs= sex?

this one puzzled me for a long time my brother had to explain it-- boy that was embarrassing on a few levels

Well, my husband and I still don't get it. There are some very cute and funny commercials but they are few and far between. How about those pharmacutical commercials listing all the horrifying things their product can to do you and then suggesting you call your doctor for a prescription so you can take them too! Dumb.

amazon 10-26-2011 07:19 AM

The one that really makes me shake my head is the Jello Temptations for adults only, where they scare the children.And the Luvs with the rate the diaper explosion. :thumbdown: :roll:

Sheila_H 10-26-2011 07:22 AM

Those Axe men's commercials where the one girl bends the guy over the table and says she just wants to bury her head in his backside. Really! to me all of those commercials are just plain nasty.

majormom 10-26-2011 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by damaquilts

Originally Posted by ChaiQuilter
There's a commercial for the upcoming new show Project Accessory where one of the designers very blatantly holds up his middle finger. If that's what the show is like I won't be watching it!

Now that I didn't even notice. hmmm.. I am looking forward to see what kind of things they come up with. The only reason I watch Project Runway is for the designs. I am jealous no way could I ever do what they do. lol Oh and Tim he seems like such a nice guy.

I am loving everyones opinions about the commercials I totally agree on the AT&T one and the diaper and trojan one TMI thanks . The Aflak commercials are pretty funny, I liked the old geico lizard and of course the geico squirrel one was hysterical. (sorry twisted sense of humor sometimes) My favorite funny was one a long time ago for some vaccum cleaner and it had a cat on the stairs that POOFED and lost all its hair.
I generally channel switch when there is a commercial on so I don't see them all that often.

We've noticed that when one channel has a commercial and we switch, all the other channels are having commercials too. Ugh. We have just resorted to using the mute button. Our mute button has been used so much the word 'mute' has been worn off.

Kathy Osterby 10-26-2011 07:26 AM

It's not just the commercials that are so stupid. Last week 1 of the network news programs was talking about the animal "farm" where all the animals were killed and he said "Nameof man killed himself and then let all the animals loose". How could a dead man release all the animals? Daaah

judi wess 10-26-2011 07:30 AM

Pharmaceutical companys are fast approaching the greedy mega banks. We are being pressured to push our doctors to prescribe their new drugs, that is so scary to me.