Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you ever feel cheated when... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-ever-feel-cheated-when-t219103.html)

GramMER 04-14-2013 06:57 AM

Do you ever feel cheated when...

When you respond to a post only to discover there are 18 to 20 pages of answers to that same post, do you ever feel cheated?

I am fairly new to this board so other, more seasoned, quilters need to sound off about this.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 04-14-2013 07:03 AM

I don't feel cheated. I feel like the original poster was given tons of information on the question at hand. I feel bad for posts that don't get many answers.

ckcowl 04-14-2013 07:13 AM

i don't understand your 'feeling cheated' ???
when you read a post you can see how many replys a person has received, you have the opportunity to read through them to see if you can perhaps learn something, or maybe a few people have responded the same as you would- you also have the opportunity to add your opinion or answer. sometimes a post will disappear (go for a few days without anyone adding anything- then suddenly reappear on the what's new list---that's because someone was 'browsing' back a ways, stumbled on it (or even searched for it) and added something new- then it comes back to the (forefront) i've had quilt pictures i posted 4 + years ago suddenly be on the 'what's new' page because someone came across the picture (perhaps a newby who hadn't seen it before) and commented on it- bringing it back to everyone's attention again-
don't feel 'cheated' just look to see if its a really old post that maybe you have no interest in- you can pick & choose what is of interest to you- and it's perfectly ok to add your comment even if it is really an old post- when it comes forward again people will check it out again to see what's newly added.

crafty pat 04-14-2013 07:36 AM

I don't feel cheated, it just shows how many are interested in the subject.and that is really what we are on here for to reach out to each other. I read them all and if I have nothing new to add I don't reply. If I reply and a lot of others do also it makes for a lot of interesting opinions. I feel it is wonderful how many here are so willing to help or give encouragement to those who reach out for help or share their work with us.

Tartan 04-14-2013 09:10 AM

If I LOVE it I still add my comment even if there are 10 pages. For posts asking for help, I like reading through all the solutions even if I have my own method. There is a lot of valuable information contained in those pages.

nativetexan 04-14-2013 09:14 AM

I tend to look before I post at the number of pages of replies. that helps.

alleyoop1 04-14-2013 10:07 AM

If there are 3 or 4 or more pages, I don't post. I figure the original questioner won't read all those postings.

Monika 04-14-2013 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1 (Post 6000703)
If there are 3 or 4 or more pages, I don't post. I figure the original questioner won't read all those postings.

Oh, I read all the answers to my questions. Never know what I will learn.LOL............

Pollytink 04-14-2013 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by GramMER (Post 6000257)
When you respond to a post only to discover there are 18 to 20 pages of answers to that same post, do you ever feel cheated?

No, don't feel cheated. I usually feel that I should go through them because lots of times there are responses, advice and suggestions that might be helpful to my own efforts. I don't always post to them but I've saved a lot of information from these long threads!

michelleoc 04-14-2013 11:19 AM

I like when there are a lot of responses. I have learned SO MUCH here!