Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have any gray in your house? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-any-gray-your-house-t132497.html)

LindaG 06-24-2011 06:06 AM

Our master bath has a gray/black/white granite floor and the walls are painted light gray. The counter is black granite. I can change up the towels & valance with ANY color!

lyndad 06-24-2011 06:26 AM

I have steel gray wool carpeting in my living room. I'm not normally a gray person, but this carpet is beautiful, it has a deep design woven in it. It's amazing that it's not drab.

GloBug 06-24-2011 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Apparently gray is the new neutral, when it comes to the up-and-coming fabric collections.

And so I'm wondering.... do you have any gray in your house?

I have a lot of gray in my hair does that count?

mhansen6 06-24-2011 06:53 AM

Yes. The carpeting in my house is a light gray. It goes with everything. I can change the colors in my house with the season and the carpeting always works. Don't know if I would use gray in a quilt though.

Lori S 06-24-2011 06:56 AM

I was at my LQS a few days ago and the big display quilt they had just hung up was yellow( a butter shade) , a dark navy and gray it was beautiful. It was done in florals . I had always thought I was not a fan of gray .... but this was so pretty. I will rethink my use of gray for personal quilt making.
On the other side ... last year every item I made with gray ...sold( shocking to me) . They were all grey batiks.

Rabs 06-24-2011 06:57 AM

When we built our home (12 years ago), we did gray carpet (a berber with lots of faint colored specks in it but a gray base) and very pale gray walls in the great room. Guess we were ahead of our time. :) I like the neutral aspect of gray and the variation of color in gray---everything from colder cement grays to warmer green grays.

lillybeck 06-24-2011 06:58 AM

Do you mean other than my hair? LOL. I have greay siding on my home and I love grey vehicles and I do have some scattered here and there. I am actually talking about painting my LR this color.

Cdrlinda 06-24-2011 07:10 AM

Recently went all gray in my hair and love it!

mmb195152 06-24-2011 07:18 AM

I have grey shades in my carpets, charcoal grey countertops, and some of my flooring. It is a great neutral color that goes with everything. I have a wide assortment of other colors all through the house. I have lots of antiques of various browns. I have had these greys in my house for 14 years since we built our house. No regrets. I prefer it over beige.

Now with my grey hair, and that of my dog's, I guess I am starting to look like my house. ha ha.

Jim 06-24-2011 08:02 AM

All of the rooms in our new home is painted a light gray ...it blends with everything and is so soothing and cool...we had to pay extra to the builder to have it painted this color...he always painted the same old boring shades of brown neutrals..when he was finished he really liked it. My bathroom is the only room not painted light blue gray and its a dark blue gray...and I love it...works well with yellows blues blacks reds, almost any color combinations