Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have any gray in your house? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-any-gray-your-house-t132497.html)

minky 06-24-2011 08:07 AM

I always wanted to use grey as the main color. I have Sherwin-Williams, Rock Candy for the wall color throughout my brand new house, I just LOVE how it plays up any color you put with it. The interior decorator was skeptical. But, I'm really pleased with the outcome. She 'suggested....' some kind of tan...I find the under tone of grey to be soothing. And, even though the interior decorator, thought it would clash with the hardwood oak flooring,,it does not. I extremely happy with the outcome.

Nolee 06-24-2011 08:12 AM

Nope and never will. To me, at least, gray is depressing, but I know someone here will come up with a fantastic quilt just to show me how wrong I am :) :)

marmalade 06-24-2011 08:26 AM

Other than an afghan my m-i-l made for my husband (that is blk,gry & crm in a kittens on the fence pattern), I persoanlly have no gray in my decor at this time.

I do find myself drwan to grays lately, though, in fabrics and clothing. I know shades of gray are considered to be the new black in fashion...so it just stands to reason that our decor will soon follow...

mshawii 06-24-2011 08:27 AM

Never ever. We used to live in Navy h9ouseing where all the buildings were painted Gray. I hate that color and would never paint anything I own gray. You won't find any gray fabric on my shelves either. Jan

donnalynett 06-24-2011 08:30 AM

I painted the entire house with shades of gray. Two walls of a room are a very light gray, two walls a medium gray. One room I did one of light, two of medium and one white wall. All of the trim is done in white. I love it and any accessories will go with it.

Antdebby1 06-24-2011 08:58 AM

I don't care for the color gray. Any gray. I do have some gray thread to sew with tho. :-D

My time 06-24-2011 09:29 AM

Nope don't like the color and never will. Don't like it in my hair either.

NCquilter 06-24-2011 09:45 AM

My bathroom is gray. I picked gray because I love jewel tones and I my jewel tone towels go great in my bathroom.

Quilter7x 06-24-2011 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My kitchen is gray, white and blue. The floor is vinyl that looks like gray slate. The walls are a very, very light gray (they read white) and the cabinets are natural birch. It is definitely a soothing color and DH and I love it! I don't have a picture of the kitchen right now, but do have one I from when I canned peaches last year, which shows the countertop.

The counter is a dark blue/gray called Blue Pearl
[ATTACH=CONFIG]216054[/ATTACH]

DanaNVa 06-24-2011 11:47 AM

Yes. The original kitchen and bathroom cabinets are grey trimmed in an oak strip. They even put in a grey Jacuzzi. It's very difficult finding colors that look OK with it. A slate blue, mauve, and some of the pink-oranges that I associate with Arizona for some reason. The only place I could find gender neutral bath stuff that went with it was in Target. I can't wait to get rid of every last bit of it.