Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Does anyone clip coupons? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/does-anyone-clip-coupons-t231853.html)

mighty 10-07-2013 06:38 AM

Have not done it for years. I just do not use the products they are for.

fayeberry 10-07-2013 07:37 AM

I clip coupons occasionally for products we would be buying anyway. The amount saved is probably not worth the trouble. We get several coupon inserts in local papers every week, often duplicate copies. Go figure.

Stitchit123 10-07-2013 08:31 AM

I shop at Adli's and Sav-A-Lot I am not a big fan of the high grocery prices at WalMart. The only coupons I really miss are for cat and dog foods. The price goes up and up and the lbs go down - So being in a rural type area I now get my critter foods at our local TSC

amyjo 10-07-2013 08:37 AM

I used to use the coupons when the kids were home. Back then you could get coupons for whatever and it was usually something we used. My kids knew they didn't get any treats if they didn't have a coupon for it. We would always go on Monday or Tuesday because that was couble coupon day and also they had a lot of fresh food in then. also did the rebates and all. Till there got to be too many faking receipts and all. then I quit. Just 2 here now- DH and me and we don't buy that much at the store anymore.

RugosaB 10-07-2013 11:45 AM

Whether I used coupons or not depended on my life at the time. When the kids were little, no, then I did because the store down the road always doubled coupons.
A few weeks ago they said they were going to stop, but they started a computer thing, based on our cell phone number. Iit takes some time to do it, but so far, it seems worth it.
Right now, I've got $30 waiting for me, off my next shopping order
If they keep this up, I'll keep playing by their rules. If not, I'll stop with the coupons

Iraxy 10-07-2013 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 6333845)
I seldom find coupons on the items we use. When I find a sale on any pantry basic or hygiene product I buy enough for six months at a time.

I do this. One year, I was able to get good toilet paper really cheap with a no limit coupon, so I got 12 of the 36 rolls. I put it in the storage shed and my DH came in and made the observation "We are never going to use this much toilet paper!" I said "you'll see." On the last roll of toilet paper after about 3+ years was the message "end of the cheap toilet paper." He saw it and just laughed and laughed. He has never again said a negative word about what I bring home from the store. Just shakes his head, smiles and moves on. Love that man.

M.Elizabeth 10-07-2013 03:05 PM

I live in a medium sized city, and the Sunday paper usually has about 3 sets of coupons. However, as others have said, if you don't ordinarily use the product, buying it is not a bargain. I do look at the coupons and yesterday clipped one coupon! I will save a few cents - if I remember to use it - not worth my time!!

sassey 10-07-2013 04:53 PM

I know some people dumster dive have friends save theirs also if the coupons are good they hit dollar tree on Monday morning so they can purchase paper for a dollar just for the coupons. I am not a fan of coupons most expire before I get around to use them.

Nanny's dollface 10-07-2013 05:21 PM

The only coupons I clip are for craft and fabric stores. As far as grocery and personal items, I find the coupons are for things I don't use or don't like especially if there is a required quantity attached to the use of the coupon. There is just so much "stuff" my DH and I can use or eat before it goes bad. Fabric never goes bad.hehehehehehe

Grace creates 10-07-2013 05:34 PM

When my 4 kids were living at home I did put some time into coupons, but still tried to buy what we needed and used. Kids like snacks and coupons are readily available for snacks. I still use coupons for laundry soap, cleansers and toothpaste, but that doesn't add up to a really huge savings.