Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Does anyone else not enjoy wrapping Christmas presents? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/does-anyone-else-not-enjoy-wrapping-christmas-presents-t31569.html)

Boston1954 12-17-2009 06:55 AM

I like wrapping. Mine are nearly done, not that I have that many to do.

Sandy1951 12-17-2009 08:49 AM

I used to work with someone who would give his kids their presents as soon as he and his wife got home from shopping. He couldn't wait, so he would just hand the shopping bags to the kids. I thought that was kind of mean, not to mention immature. The kids never got the opportunity to enjoy the wrapped presents around the tree or try to figure out what they were getting.

rivka 12-17-2009 10:35 AM

I hate wrapping gifts, so I do it as quickly as possible. And not very neatly. But I figure that the paper is just going to be pulled off anyway, so who cares?

BellaBoo 12-17-2009 12:38 PM

I have my own way of wrapping. I don't like to spend time on something that will be ripped off and thrown away, so I put the gift in the middle of the paper, gather it up and wrap tape, then tie a ribbon around the gather. Done! I do this with every gift no matter the shape. If the paper needs to be wider I tape two pieces together. It looks like a a bunch of flower arrangements are sitting under my tree. I get lots of compliments on my wrapping. Many think it's special and not because of being lazy. !!!!!!

amma 12-17-2009 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

Originally Posted by amma

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
:evil: :evil: :evil: I've been WRAPPING darn presents most of the day and I'm still NOT done....That being said, I should finish up tomorrow and then on to the gifts that I still have to embroider so that I can wrap (grumble, grumble) before Sunday..... :D :D

You shouldn't have left me stranded at the airport :roll: I was wrapping gifts there like crazy :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: when I could have been at your house helping you :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But you never called me!! Are you still there??? I still have a few gifts left to wrap!!

And I have this vision of you stranded at our local airport. Our office was out there and so I know it well. It's not very big. When you get on/off a plane, regardless of the weather, you walk in it -- as in down the plane steps, across the tarmac, up a flight of steps into the terminal. Upon leaving, you go down more steps and if you used the long term parking -- you walk down more steps. And all of the luggage handlers were so darn old and feeble looking that your natural instinct was to help them instead of them carrying your bags :lol: :lol:

Nope... I wrapped my way back home :D:D:D

I have been in airports like that too :wink: going up and down those portable stairs in/out of the plane...they are slick when it is raining...I slipped one time and almost took out the people behind me :shock: thankfully the young man behind me grabbed my coat and pulled me upright LMBO
Even Portland, OR has older people stationed outside at the curb check in kiosks... I cringe when they go to lift my bag, I only take one and it is packed to the max...:roll:

gloryj8 12-19-2009 04:23 PM

Oh I hate wrapping gifts also, I've been doing a few each night all month, I wait till the kids are in bed and then I start till I get tired. With 9 kids still at home, I have way too much to wrap.. I keep thinking that one yr. I'm gonna hire a teenager and let them wrap for me.