Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Does anyone else not enjoy wrapping Christmas presents? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/does-anyone-else-not-enjoy-wrapping-christmas-presents-t31569.html)

amma 12-14-2009 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

Originally Posted by amma
I am checking for airline tickets now Joyce :D:D:D Get ready to give up some stash!!! LMBO

I love to wrap gifts...even the really odd shaped ones :D:D:D

Let me know when to come pick you up at the airport!! :lol: :lol: I usually talk my daughter into helping me -- but this year she's short on time, too. And since we're having the "family" Christmas at HER house, and she's having to do a lot of extra work for it -- I'm not complaining (well, where she can hear anyway... :lol: :lol: )

I have been at the airport for hours Joyce...JOYCE WHERE ARE YOU?????????? JOOOOYYYYCCCCE!!!!!! Come get me!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

amma 12-14-2009 10:28 PM

One year I set up a wrapping station where I worked, most of my customers were men LMBO I made pretty good money, too :D:D:D

cutebuns 12-14-2009 10:40 PM

That is a good idea Amma, I love to wrap, DH thinks I am nuts because I insist of wrapping all the things in the stocking as well, even mine. If I have the time I love bows and ribbons, though right now I am not sure where it all is, the kids found some wrap, I like to buy it afterwards, you can get it pretty cheap that way.

dglvr 12-14-2009 11:24 PM

I went with bags. They are cute, fast and look nice.

grammatjr 12-15-2009 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I am checking for airline tickets now Joyce :D:D:D Get ready to give up some stash!!! LMBO

I love to wrap gifts...even the really odd shaped ones :D:D:D

18 years ago my first nephew was born. My hubby made him a toy chest for Christmas, a big box style, that had a slanted lid, then a bookshelf on top. It was about 3 feet wide, and with the bookshelf, almost 5 feet high. With the slanted lid on the front it was very odd shaped.

We wrapped it, and I made a bow (the kind with a little knot in the center of multiple loops). The bow was about 2.5 feet across, the ribbon to make the bow was probably 3" wide, and I think there was 60 loops on the bow. We spray acrylic-ed the bow so it stayed poofed.

For years my sister saved that bow and used it as a wreath on the front door.

That was problably - cross that out - it was DEFINITELY - the most challenging and most fun gift we ever wrapped!

Piedmont Quilter 12-15-2009 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
I enjoy wrapping, if I can sit and do it, and not be interrupted. I like making pretty bows, and like using the thin old fashioned ribbon that you can curl.

Going shopping Saturday ~ will bring you all supplies to wrap on Sunday!!! lol I HATE TO WRAP!!!

Mamagus 12-15-2009 07:15 AM

In my family we have some tree-hugger type eco-warriors! lol So we try to use and re-use and then use again gift bags. Yes they are made of paper but they get three and four uses before we retire them. I buy a large roll of paper for things that just can't be put in a gift bag...like my nephew's Play-Mobil jet... but the bags suit me fine. I HATE wrapping.

justme 12-15-2009 07:37 AM

Hate it, my daughter usually does it for me... like the bags... just stuff it and your done......lol

Roberta 12-15-2009 10:43 AM

That's why God created gift bags and tissue paper. I did all my gift with this method plus the person receiving the gift can use it next year. Recycling at it's best :-D

Rose Hall 12-15-2009 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta
That's why God created gift bags and tissue paper. I did all my gift with this method plus the person receiving the gift can use it next year. Recycling at it's best :-D

Amen!
Rose