Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Does anyone else not enjoy wrapping Christmas presents? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/does-anyone-else-not-enjoy-wrapping-christmas-presents-t31569.html)

swimmom 12-14-2009 04:43 PM

I do not enjoy the wrapping then packaging to mail - but did it today 7 boxes ready to go to the post office - had to actually finish making some of the gifts this morning. Feel pretty good now that they are taped up ready to be put in the car - had to take the day off to do it though.

kwhite 12-14-2009 04:48 PM

I hate wrapping. I used to bring my friend home with me and I would make her lunch while she wrapped my gifts.

sewjoyce 12-14-2009 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I am checking for airline tickets now Joyce :D:D:D Get ready to give up some stash!!! LMBO

I love to wrap gifts...even the really odd shaped ones :D:D:D

Let me know when to come pick you up at the airport!! :lol: :lol: I usually talk my daughter into helping me -- but this year she's short on time, too. And since we're having the "family" Christmas at HER house, and she's having to do a lot of extra work for it -- I'm not complaining (well, where she can hear anyway... :lol: :lol: )

marsye 12-14-2009 06:48 PM

If I don't have to be in a hurry I like wrapping.......but this year I bought alot of gift bags at yard sales and used them. ;-)

b.zang 12-14-2009 07:18 PM

Let me wrap all your gifts if you'll unwrap mine!

Wrapping is FUN. Making the corners tight and the wrapping smooth. Decorating the packages with ribbons and bows. Maybe even making the packages look like something else, like an animal or santa. Geez, I even took a gift-wrapping course one time!! Fun, fun, fun.

Unwrapping is FUN to WATCH. I hate unwrapping gifts. Maybe too many disappointments as a kid, I don't know, but I'd rather watch any day.

sewjoyce 12-14-2009 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang
Let me wrap all your gifts if you'll unwrap mine!

Wrapping is FUN. Making the corners tight and the wrapping smooth. Decorating the packages with ribbons and bows. Maybe even making the packages look like something else, like an animal or santa. Geez, I even took a gift-wrapping course one time!! Fun, fun, fun.

Unwrapping is FUN to WATCH. I hate unwrapping gifts. Maybe too many disappointments as a kid, I don't know, but I'd rather watch any day.

If I unwrap your gifts, do I get to keep them??? :lol: :lol:

b.zang 12-14-2009 07:43 PM

negotiable :)

(ps - does that then become re-gifting?)

Mousie 12-14-2009 07:54 PM

I don't mind the wrapping of packages itself, but i do mind the backache, feet aches, shoulders etc. that go with.
Maybe hubby should get me a hot tub with a wrapping table by the side. I'd be good to go then :wink:

thequilteddove 12-14-2009 08:39 PM

Hate it, hate it, HATE IT!!!!! I do a lousy job of it too! Thank gawd for those gift bags & decorative tissue paper!

daisyboo9 12-14-2009 08:50 PM

I think the trick is to wrap what you purchase right away so you don't end up with a huge pile that you dread having to spend hours wrapping and getting sore backs and feet. I am one of those annoying people that gets my buying, wrapping, decorating, baking done by Dec 1st or sooner. I can then enjoy the season and not stress out. Mind you the trouble I have getting my home made presents done is another story!