Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Does this happen to you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/does-happen-you-t225226.html)

Luv Quilts and Cats 07-07-2013 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 6162196)
i learned a long time ago when I am going to get on the computer- but want to accomplish something today too- I set a timer for 45 minutes---my kitchen timer has a 1 minute warning beep- I get on the computer- when the 1 minute warning beeps I know I have 1 minute to wrap up what I am doing & shut down- when the timer goes off (it drives me crazy-doesn't stop til I get there) I shut it off & move on to another activity. I may go back to the computer later *setting the timer again*...i'm sometimes referred to as 'the timer queen' :) I set timers for everything- when I 'm quilting I set a timer so I don't get so involved I spend way too much time & forget to stop & eat...or work til i'm so sore I can hardly move. timers help me get things done. :)

This sounds like a get idea. I get lost in serendipity trips on the internet all the time. I am just curious...not a bad thing, but time does fly by.

Nammie to 7 07-07-2013 12:07 PM

If I get on the computer during the day (like now) I tend to waste most of the day - if I wait until evening then I can spend an hour or so knowing that I have accomplished much more during the day.

lynnie 07-07-2013 01:25 PM

happens all the time, I think that's why we're smarted, always looking up things and such

mstalnaker 07-07-2013 02:12 PM

We all got a lot more done before the internet. It is good for a lot of things though.

Greenheron 07-07-2013 03:27 PM

LOL, when I was a Girl Scout (long, long ago) one of my Senior projects was volunteering at the County Library. My job was to "read the shelves"---to check the Dewey Decimal numbers to keep the books in order. Most Saturdays I didn't get very far because there were too many interesting non-fiction titles right at my fingertips. Now I don't even need to go to the library, the keyboard is at my fingertips.

onemoe 07-07-2013 04:25 PM

have the same problem

Girlfriend 07-07-2013 07:19 PM

OK, I just spent a good amount of time on the jigsaw puzzle website.....like I need more websites to distract me.

At least I wasn't spending money on the fabric websites LOL.

jeanharville 07-07-2013 07:57 PM

That is me exactly. The internet is like living at the library with a huge museum attached all from my recliner. It just doesn't get better than that. Quilting is my physical activity :D

Steady Stiching 07-08-2013 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 6162196)
i learned a long time ago when I am going to get on the computer- but want to accomplish something today too- I set a timer for 45 minutes---my kitchen timer has a 1 minute warning beep- I get on the computer- when the 1 minute warning beeps I know I have 1 minute to wrap up what I am doing & shut down- when the timer goes off (it drives me crazy-doesn't stop til I get there) I shut it off & move on to another activity. I may go back to the computer later *setting the timer again*...i'm sometimes referred to as 'the timer queen' :) I set timers for everything- when I 'm quilting I set a timer so I don't get so involved I spend way too much time & forget to stop & eat...or work til i'm so sore I can hardly move. timers help me get things done. :)

I need to do this! Sooooo much wasted time!!

Mornigstar 07-08-2013 08:57 AM

I should learn to do this reading at night and work more during day.