Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Double Bed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/double-bed-t250285.html)

Pam B 07-17-2014 05:34 PM

We have a queen...can't fit a king in our mbr. We have full size beds in both our guest rooms.

Quilting Grandma 07-17-2014 06:19 PM

We have slept in a double bed for 56 years. When we get a king or queen in a hotel, etc. I feel lost and find myself "searching" for my husband in the middle of the night.💏

Nammie to 7 07-17-2014 06:23 PM

I like a queen size -- we had a king size and I hated it! It was too darn big and I felt lost in it. They are a pain in the butt to make and the sheets and bedspreads cost an arm and a leg.

Anniedeb 07-17-2014 08:38 PM

For me, size just doesn't matter. As kids, we slept 4 in a double...think sideways! Thought I was in heaven when my sister and I got to share a twin...top and bottom. DH and I have a queen at home, but our cabin only has room for a full, and that works just fine...He's 6'5, and 300+, and I'm 5'10, and much heavier than my drivers license states...don't need a lot of room...we both sleep soundly, and don't move around a lot!

quiltingcandy 07-17-2014 08:48 PM

We have had a queen bed for over 35 years - we started out with a full sized bed and then up graded to the queen. We have thought about getting a king but I dislike the weight of the blankets. And it makes no difference the size of the bed because my husband is going to find me. We end up on one side of the bed (mine) no matter if it is twin, double, queen or king. We have been married over 41 years now, and even having kids didn't stop him from finding me in the middle of the night. He claims he has trouble sleeping when I am not there.

Misty's Mom 07-18-2014 02:58 AM

We have a king due to the fact it had to be split. DH has sleep apnea and has to sleep with his head elevated and I have to sleep flat it was either this or get separate beds. We opted for this. We both love our bed and so does the princess dog :D. We have to sleep in a double bed when we visit his brother and family. Quite an adventure with us and the dog in that bed that's pushed up against the wall and DH CPAP to contend with. We do because our visit far outweighs the discomfort, but we are really glad to get back to our own bed.

nwm50 07-18-2014 03:36 AM

Doesn't matter what size bed we sleep in....hubby likes to snuggle me to death! Lol

QltrSue 07-18-2014 03:43 AM

We find the Kings in the hotels too big, the double is too small these days (since we are both "fluffier"); queen-size is "just right"! I made a comforter for it that just a wee bit small; Kalama quilt's idea of an extender will be just the ticket to fix that little aggravation!

citruscountyquilter 07-18-2014 04:08 AM

We only recently got a queen size bed and that is only because our son and daughter-in-law were going from a queen to a king because her parents were moving and had a nearly new king. Son's queen was nearly new so we played musical beds - he got the king, we got the queen and a friend of my daughter's got the double which was still in good condition. I don't like king beds. Too big to make and I feel so alone in them. Double beds are fine for us and we would still have one if it weren't for that musical bed thing that went on.

toverly 07-18-2014 05:27 AM

Double beds are single beds to me. DH and I aren't tiny people and need the extra room to flop around in our sleep. As for the size of the quilt. I have to really watch this. I like a long drop on 3 sides (with shams) and with mattresses getting thicker and thicker, it gets harder to do. I like the drop to cover 1/2 the box spring too. Can you regulate your new quilt to twin size?