Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ever had this conversation?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ever-had-conversation-t258479.html)

Edie 12-21-2014 03:53 AM

Oh, I am sure they notice, but if my husband didn't say anything it was usually the compliment of all compliments, but if I did something that he was not keen on (like dying my hair, which I never did, I am a natural grey), he'd be sure to say something. I truly miss his not saying anything. Maybe I should have dyed my hair????? Nooooooo!!!! Edie

romanojg 12-21-2014 04:33 AM

My ex (we were together at the time)commented on my daughter's haircut and her change of color. She told him she hadn't done anything to her hair. He argued with her and kept insisting she did. Now first of all she was over 20 and could do anything she wanted but she hadn't done anything. Finally she looked at him and said instead of insisting that I didn't do anything to my hair why don't you look at your wife's hair. I had colored mine and went more than 10 inches shorter so it was noticible to most, except for him. That did shut him up and he never did comment on my hair.MEN!!!

Nanny's dollface 12-21-2014 04:41 AM

Lol. My DH has always said.....except for one time when I dyed my hair dark brown........"you better leave before my wife comes home" .

Yooper32 12-21-2014 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface (Post 7016090)
Lol. My DH has always said.....except for one time when I dyed my hair dark brown........"you better leave before my wife comes home" .

This is the best laugh yet. Thanks, Nanny.

NanaCindyLou 12-21-2014 06:48 AM

My DH doesn't notice my hair but he will sometimes say something like "pretty dress, I haven't seen that before". Um, YES you have, I've had it for 5 years....

Quilty-Louise 12-21-2014 06:56 AM

Several months ago I had my hair cut........about 12 inches.

My hubs didn't notice for 3 weeks.

Stitchit123 12-21-2014 01:00 PM

My DH always noticed how I looked and any changes I made to the interior of the house. We had painted the house Sandstone and trimmed it out in a maroon-yuk- We were doing a job for one of those Nascar drivers. His car was Kermit Green We were painting his new garage/shop - we put a Kermit Green stripe around the interior and exterior of his shop. Well I took the left over paint and re-painted the trim of our house with it. It was a month before DH noticed the change. In Indpls, you can get away with such a bold color choice.

Halo 12-21-2014 02:44 PM

Years ago I had bottle blond hair. I decided to go back to my natural color that is a med. brown. My DH never noticed at all. Come on now. Blond to brown? About two weeks later we had friends over & he started talking about his blond. I jumped in & said "And who is this blond you are talking about?" As he started to look at me, he said well it's y & then stopped. Didn't even finish the you part. Then he said When did you do that. He was dumb founded when I told him two weeks ago. To this day he tells me every day how nice my hair looks even if I haven't brushed it yet.

quiltingeileen 12-21-2014 03:42 PM

If I ask my husband what the date is he sometimes gets a panicked look on his face. For a split second he wonders if he forgot my birthday or our anniversary!

Jannie 12-21-2014 10:40 PM

I always tell my hubby when I am going to get my hair cut. When I get back, he says "I thought you were getting a hair cut." Of course, to take half inch is a lot when your hair is short to begin with. I just smile and walk on.