Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ever had this conversation?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ever-had-conversation-t258479.html)

Anniedeb 12-20-2014 12:46 AM

Ever had this conversation??

Today DH says "Hey...I really like your new do (hair cut and color)....with everything you have going on how did you find time to get it done?" My response..."Easy....I had it done A MONTH AGO!!!" :oHim...."Oh...well....at least I noticed....do I get points for that?" Now, there wasn't a lot cut off, but the color was completely different from what I normally have done!! I told him "I've been hoping you'd get your hearing checked, now I think you need your eyesight checked also!!" Just shaking my head!!!

juneayerza 12-20-2014 01:31 AM

Typically I tell DH I'm going to get a hair cut and leave. I come home and DH asks where I've been. This has gone on for over 30 years.

Sandygirl 12-20-2014 03:41 AM

Opposite here...i walk in the door and my DDH says..."pretty!". He notices my haircut/color everytime! Me? When he cuts his hair, he points it out to me. My reply is that he buzzes his every two weeks....it does not have time to grow out! Lol!
sandy

ptquilts 12-20-2014 04:53 AM

for some reason DH always notices when I have a barrette in my hair, and thinks it looks pretty! Not sure what it is with him and barrettes!

my-ty 12-20-2014 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 7014738)
Typically I tell DH I'm going to get a hair cut and leave. I come home and DH asks where I've been. This has gone on for over 30 years.

Thanks for the laugh this morning. In our house, we both never notice haircuts!

Deb watkins 12-20-2014 06:07 AM

I can give you another laugh......over Thanksgiving my cousin and her hubs came. Jean and I painted the living room and the hallway, hung up new pictures and sconces. Ron and I made valance boxes (which I covered with fabric) for both LARGE windows in the living room. A week went by and I finally asked my husbs what he thought of the change in the living room. He had this very confused look on his face....and asked, "What changes?".....uhhhh, the paint, the valances.....Oh - he didn't even see them. HUH? The valances are 5 feet by 18 deep, and there are TWO of them.
Happy holidays to all of you!

tessagin 12-20-2014 06:16 AM

Mine just hopes I don't get it cut as short as his. Not to worry. Going to find me another hairdresser. I never notice unless I'm with him when he gets new glasses. Style is always similar. I thought he got new glasses the other day. Nope. Just cleaned them. Really. Tells me he really is going blind or one of us is. Deb that is really bad!

nativetexan 12-20-2014 10:22 AM

Hey, it just sunk in!! or is that sank in? Anyway, most men are thick headed and it takes awhile.

Boston1954 12-20-2014 10:59 AM

Jim does the driving when I get mine cut. he HAS to notice.

decky 12-20-2014 01:13 PM

Mine never notices when I get a hair cut, I could probably cut it all off and he would probably not notice!!