Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ever had this conversation??

Ever had this conversation??

Today DH says "Hey...I really like your new do (hair cut and color)....with everything you have going on how did you find time to get it done?" My response..."Easy....I had it done A MONTH AGO!!!" Him...."Oh...well....at least I noticed....do I get points for that?" Now, there wasn't a lot cut off, but the color was completely different from what I normally have done!! I told him "I've been hoping you'd get your hearing checked, now I think you need your eyesight checked also!!" Just shaking my head!!!

Typically I tell DH I'm going to get a hair cut and leave. I come home and DH asks where I've been. This has gone on for over 30 years.
    June

Opposite here...i walk in the door and my DDH says..."pretty!". He notices my haircut/color everytime! Me? When he cuts his hair, he points it out to me. My reply is that he buzzes his every two weeks....it does not have time to grow out! Lol!
    sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

for some reason DH always notices when I have a barrette in my hair, and thinks it looks pretty! Not sure what it is with him and barrettes!

Quote Originally Posted by juneayerza View Post
    Typically I tell DH I'm going to get a hair cut and leave. I come home and DH asks where I've been. This has gone on for over 30 years.
    Thanks for the laugh this morning. In our house, we both never notice haircuts!

I can give you another laugh......over Thanksgiving my cousin and her hubs came. Jean and I painted the living room and the hallway, hung up new pictures and sconces. Ron and I made valance boxes (which I covered with fabric) for both LARGE windows in the living room. A week went by and I finally asked my husbs what he thought of the change in the living room. He had this very confused look on his face....and asked, "What changes?".....uhhhh, the paint, the valances.....Oh - he didn't even see them. HUH? The valances are 5 feet by 18 deep, and there are TWO of them.
    Happy holidays to all of you!
    Deb Watkins - I woke up today on the right side of dirt. It is a good day.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Mine just hopes I don't get it cut as short as his. Not to worry. Going to find me another hairdresser. I never notice unless I'm with him when he gets new glasses. Style is always similar. I thought he got new glasses the other day. Nope. Just cleaned them. Really. Tells me he really is going blind or one of us is. Deb that is really bad!

Blog Entries
    Hey, it just sunk in!! or is that sank in? Anyway, most men are thick headed and it takes awhile.

Jim does the driving when I get mine cut. he HAS to notice.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Mine never notices when I get a hair cut, I could probably cut it all off and he would probably not notice!!
    Pat in MN

Blog Entries
    Oh, I am sure they notice, but if my husband didn't say anything it was usually the compliment of all compliments, but if I did something that he was not keen on (like dying my hair, which I never did, I am a natural grey), he'd be sure to say something. I truly miss his not saying anything. Maybe I should have dyed my hair????? Nooooooo!!!! Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Blog Entries
    My ex (we were together at the time)commented on my daughter's haircut and her change of color. She told him she hadn't done anything to her hair. He argued with her and kept insisting she did. Now first of all she was over 20 and could do anything she wanted but she hadn't done anything. Finally she looked at him and said instead of insisting that I didn't do anything to my hair why don't you look at your wife's hair. I had colored mine and went more than 10 inches shorter so it was noticible to most, except for him. That did shut him up and he never did comment on my hair.MEN!!!
    Judy

Lol. My DH has always said.....except for one time when I dyed my hair dark brown........"you better leave before my wife comes home" .

Quote Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface View Post
    Lol. My DH has always said.....except for one time when I dyed my hair dark brown........"you better leave before my wife comes home" .
    This is the best laugh yet. Thanks, Nanny.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

My DH doesn't notice my hair but he will sometimes say something like "pretty dress, I haven't seen that before". Um, YES you have, I've had it for 5 years....

Blog Entries
    Several months ago I had my hair cut........about 12 inches.

My hubs didn't notice for 3 weeks.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Blog Entries
    My DH always noticed how I looked and any changes I made to the interior of the house. We had painted the house Sandstone and trimmed it out in a maroon-yuk- We were doing a job for one of those Nascar drivers. His car was Kermit Green We were painting his new garage/shop - we put a Kermit Green stripe around the interior and exterior of his shop. Well I took the left over paint and re-painted the trim of our house with it. It was a month before DH noticed the change. In Indpls, you can get away with such a bold color choice.

Years ago I had bottle blond hair. I decided to go back to my natural color that is a med. brown. My DH never noticed at all. Come on now. Blond to brown? About two weeks later we had friends over & he started talking about his blond. I jumped in & said "And who is this blond you are talking about?" As he started to look at me, he said well it's y & then stopped. Didn't even finish the you part. Then he said When did you do that. He was dumb founded when I told him two weeks ago. To this day he tells me every day how nice my hair looks even if I haven't brushed it yet.

If I ask my husband what the date is he sometimes gets a panicked look on his face. For a split second he wonders if he forgot my birthday or our anniversary!

I always tell my hubby when I am going to get my hair cut. When I get back, he says "I thought you were getting a hair cut." Of course, to take half inch is a lot when your hair is short to begin with. I just smile and walk on.

Blog Entries
    About 40 years ago I had my long hair cut about 10 or 12 inches - it was still somewhat long... Anyway my husband was supposed to pick me up after work as usual. He drove past me around the block 3 times before I all but threw myself in front of the car as he sped past. Nothing has changed.
    Never let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

Blog Entries
    I had my ears pieced then drove to pick my brother up from work. He got on the car and never noticed even though the ear nearest to him was bleeding down my neck. Even these days he never notices.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Just yesterday as we were getting ready to head out the door for a Christmas dinner my husband says to me. "Did you buy new shoes?" My reply, "Yes, dear about ten years ago!" It was the truth.

Blog Entries
    DD(licensed Beautician) cuts mine and DH, and he is often in the same room so, mine can hardly keep from noticing that I'm getting a hair cut. lol.

Right after I put on PJ's of an evening, mine says aren't you going to put on PJ's. And the haircut thing I gave up on years ago. He has no hair, and he doesn't notice mine. Men, sigh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast