Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Facebook has all your phone numbers! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/facebook-has-all-your-phone-numbers-t144349.html)

amyjo 08-11-2011 10:50 AM

I just got thru looking on Facebook and I DO NOT have a phone # listed and yet they have some of the numbers for relatives. Didn't get it from my phone so how else do they get this info?

shnnn 08-11-2011 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by amyjo
I just got thru looking on Facebook and I DO NOT have a phone # listed and yet they have some of the numbers for relatives. Didn't get it from my phone so how else do they get this info?

Your relatives probably listed the phone numbers on their profile

janallyn 08-11-2011 11:23 AM

checked my facebook account, and nothing, but i do not access it with my cell, and frankly rarely access it at all, that is just me, i only have an account because i was trying to help my ex find his adult son, that worked, but the only thing i get, and that is on the computer is from people who want to chat, i figure if they know me they can email me or call me, so i just decline and delete, strange world out there now
jan in palatka

TonnieLoree 08-11-2011 11:28 AM

Well, no they don't. I have protected my privacy by not giving that option to them. Nor are any of my relatives idiots enough the provide that info about me. Hell, I can't even find either of my daughters phone numbers there myself.

Stitchnripper 08-11-2011 12:55 PM

Why is it a problem if the phone number isn't unlisted?

ckcowl 08-11-2011 01:07 PM

they do not have a single phone number from my phone- i've not given facebook any information from my phone- so it has none-
if you protect yourself- you are protected-
if you put all your personal information out there- it's going to be public.
this is like people getting up set about the gps capabilities of your phone-
your phone content only goes where you send it---face book has no way to access your phone information unless you give it to them.

shnnn 08-11-2011 01:25 PM

I just hate the way every few days or weeks there is another panic about something on faceboook or myspace etc.... relax! be careful! and think twice before you post your address, phone number, etc anywhere public -- if you don't give facebook your information - they dont have your information to share with anyone

Lizzytish 08-11-2011 01:54 PM

I wanted to let people know this information just in case they didn't know that it was there. And they could do something about it if they felt the need to.

Have a fun night

shnnn 08-11-2011 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lizzytish
I wanted to let people know this information just in case they didn't know that it was there. And they could do something about it if they felt the need to.

Have a fun night

I didn't mean you had done wrong by sharing the information. It was a good reminder to check it out. I just hate that there is such a tendancy to panic.

Johanna Fritz 08-11-2011 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
...remember in this day of high tech gangsters, if you don't want the world to know your business...don't use your cell phone like a PA system!....

As a former cop, I cannot BELIEVE how many people put their full birthday on display...BAD IDEA