Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Favorite Breed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/favorite-breed-t156760.html)

chickadeee55 09-29-2011 10:48 AM

We have a Choc Lab- Pella (my baby) and a Shitzu/West Highland Terrier Mix - Abby. They are both great dogs. The lab is very devoted and the little mixed one is a eye contact dog - she has a way of getting your attention with her eyes.

romanojg 09-29-2011 10:50 AM

I can't say that there are any that I like better than another; there are some that because of my experiences with them give me fond memories. I do have some that I don't care for and since that's my personal feelings I'm not listing the ones that I don't care for. I also don't have to have a purebred as some people do; there are alot of heinz 57 ones that are great. Right now I have a small american eskimo and my son's large akita. I love them both and they bring so many different experiences to my life; kind of like my 5 kids; all my kids but all so very different.

quiltsRfun 09-29-2011 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg
I can't say that there are any that I like better than another; there are some that because of my experiences with them give me fond memories.

Good answer! :)

mollymct 09-29-2011 11:15 AM

I just love the ones I'm with! I can't pick a favorite. I would definitely have Pekingese again. I call Molly my catdog because she is so mellow and independent. She comes to me for love when she wants it and otherwise amuses herself. I don't know if I'll have a Yorkie again, though. It could just be mine, but he is very dependent and anxious (I love him, of course, but hate for him to get upset so easily)...something I've never encountered with my other dogs, so I don't think I "spoiled" him? I grew up with a German shepherd, Siberian Husky (until we had to find a new home for her...horrible neighbor boys taunted and threw things at her and my parents became afraid she might "get" one if she ever got a chance :(), mutts, Chows. We love animals in our family and there is always a variety milling around at holiday time. Fortunately, most get along well!

kbs 09-29-2011 11:18 AM

I love what ever breed I have at the time. Many were mixed breeds and I loved every dog in there. Dogs give unconditional love and need it back.

Sheila_H 09-29-2011 11:30 AM

We've always had larger dog breeds growing up and as an adult myself. So we're pretty much partial to boxers I love their temperament they are wonderful with small children and protective as well. The other dogs we had were German Shepherds and Dalmations

loves_2_quilt 09-29-2011 11:43 AM

Stuffed...no poop to pick up

emerald46 09-29-2011 11:53 AM

We easily fall in love with dogs needing homes/families. I grew up with Collies; have always had a yellow lab mix and dearly love the 4 Yorkies that have owned us over the last 40 years.

hazeljane 09-29-2011 11:58 AM

We rescue Italian Greyhounds. Quirky little things, but such cuddlers. My hazeljane (now deceased) was my heart dog. Now my little Lefty is- 7 pounds of silly in a white and red pied body.

We currently have 4 and another 4 fosters, but by next weekend, we will be up to 13 again- another batch coming in.

My first dog was a big grey, and I loved her too. Something about these greyhounds just catch my heart.

SouthPStitches 09-29-2011 12:03 PM

Old English Sheepdogs are wonderful. Was lucky enough to have two; Sophie and Maggie. Oh, the grooming. Also had a Bassett Hound, Beauregard who shed more than my two OESD's together. Now I have Stitches, a mixed breed, blonde shaggy boy who has terrier and maybe Lhasa in him. He's the love of my life and will turn 17 on Saturday.